What's new

One bay no high pressure soap

tahoelane

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm not getting any high pressure soap in one bay of 4.

Any suggestions why my high presssure soap is just providing high pressure water. The gate value from soap tank via the hose to pump is open.
The tank is loaded with soapy water. My other 3 bays have nice soapy high pressure water.
I would like to test my solenoid for my high pressure soap my challenged bay... not sure how to test it.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks Lane

Eric H

Reaction score
Three likely causes
1 no voltage to the coil. This could be a burnt/shorted coil or a wire break some where in the rotary switch or the wire to the coil. Check the ground/neutral side wire too. The easiest test for this is to power on the bay and select Soap. The stem on the solenoid should have a slight magnetic charge. You can use the top of a screwdriver to test for magnetism.
2 the MOST LIKELY issue is a piece of debris caught in the valve. Take the valve apart and clean it out
3 a clog in the line between the soap tank and the solenoid or between the solenoid and the pump.

SoakZone

Reaction score
Check the bowl strainer if you have one. R&R that usually solves the problem for me and cheap, too.

tahoelane

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm not getting any high pressure soap in one bay of 4.

Any suggestions why my high presssure soap is just providing high pressure water. The gate value from soap tank via the hose to pump is open.
The tank is loaded with soapy water. My other 3 bays have nice soapy high pressure water.
I would like to test my solenoid for my high pressure soap my challenged bay... not sure how to test it.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks Lane

tahoelane

Reaction score
Thanks for the friendly advise!

After checking the valve for gunk and cleaning my tanks and traps and checking all the wires on my rotary switch.
I found a lose wire inside the solenoid. Got the two back together and its all fixed like old times.
Have a great day! Lane