What's new

Petit 360 I

Shine on

Reaction score
Hi team, trying to do some recon, I was just at the car show and petit was what people where all talking about, I have a current IBA in Regina Saskatchewan Canada, it has some of the harshest winters with snow, salt, tar, gravel, it’s a farming community with amazing people, right now I am using a MarkVII and they love the friction wash, the touchless they have in the city are mostly PDQ lazers and my current customers prefer the soft touch. So here is my question.
Have any of you had experience with extreme winter conditions using the petit and how well it cleaned? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly Chad

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Is your IBA you are looking to take out not cleaning well or functioning properly? If you are putting out good cars and the community is happy with your wash I personally wouldn't change it up unless repairs on machine were adding up or nearing end of its life cycle.

Shine on

Reaction score
Is your IBA you are looking to take out not cleaning well or functioning properly? If you are putting out good cars and the community is happy with your wash I personally wouldn't change it up unless repairs on machine were adding up or nearing end of its life cycle.
It’s an old 2012 yes repairs are adding up big time, I manage my wash from afar, people are used to the friction and we don’t have quality touchless in Regina. I have to buy a new machine no matter what so looking for the best with the least amount of repair and puts out speed and quality

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
From what I have heard and read over the years the Petit is a speedy workhorse. I know a lot of people swear by razors though as well. If I was personally putting in a new wash I would also go with a petit because of the low maintenance.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am on my third year with a new razor wash and it has been very lite on repairs. I do all the regular maintenance myself and I'm very good with greasing which I'm sure helps longevity of gearboxes.

That said, I find winter time the easiest time to get the cars clean. They're always pretty clean with this razor car wash, But in New England I find it very easy to get cars clean in the winter time.

Blanco

Reaction score
If you choose a Petit you will be relying on your doors for the machine to operate and not freeze. Once someone hits a door or a door malfunctions then you're out of business until you get them back working. At that point your machine will freeze and be damaged. Good winter machines have heated rail/gantry systems and air purge. Petit has neither of those.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
If you choose a Petit you will be relying on your doors for the machine to operate and not freeze. Once someone hits a door or a door malfunctions then you're out of business until you get them back working. At that point your machine will freeze and be damaged. Good winter machines have heated rail/gantry systems and air purge. Petit has neither of those.
Because people hit doors all the time...

Sometimes I am 🤦‍♂️ at some of the responses on this forum.

I have to buy a new machine no matter what so looking for the best with the least amount of repair and puts out speed and quality
Least repair will be a Petit. By a far margin assuming whoever installs it is a craftsman and not some guy who started installing car wash equipment 6 months ago.

Blanco

Reaction score
Because people hit doors all the time...

Sometimes I am 🤦‍♂️ at some of the responses on this forum.
Did I say they hit them all the time? What did you get butt hurt because your petit groupie? The poster asked about a petit in cold weather. I simply answered the truth. YOU HAVE TO RELY ON YOUR DOORS.

Blanco

Reaction score
Lol why are you so triggered because I gave a truthful response to the poster? if you have doors that work 100% all the time and never fail please share with us. I have brand new doors that have issues once in a while and I also have customers that run into them here and there. Luckily there vinyl but most times an overload will trip where I need to get on site to reset. PLEASE SHARE YOUR CUSTOMERS AND DOORS WITH ME! Around me people can't drive and ice builds up in tracks + covers photo eyes. LIKE I ALREADY SAID THAT MACHINE IS RELIABLE ON ITS DOORS! Can you dispute that? I already know what the answer is.