What's new

Plumbing and solenoid setup

20874Guy

Reaction score
Hello all. I am building out my 5 bay which was basically a shell and need a bit of advice.

My setup:
  • 5x Cat 310 pumps
  • 3x wall mounted tanks (HP Soap, HP Wax, HP De-Salt (I'm 1 mile off the ocean and will offer year-round for boats + people who have been on the beach).
  • RO will be delivered by separate pump and such
  • 1 Hot/Cold mixing tank
  • Weep Mizer with its solenoids

Low pressure are all Air Logic panels (foam brush, tire/wheel brush and pre-soak) so that's all simple and not in scope here.

I will be plumbing over to the pump racks and plan on putting the solenoids there. Based on everything I can figure out, I will need 1 soap, 1 wax, 1 de-salt, and 1 fresh/rinse water solenoid per pump (20 in total for all bays). My boxes are all dixmor LED7 timers controlling load through 10 position 2 stack Kleen Rite switches. I found some old posts with pics from MEP001 which were helpful, but need some help with final details.

I am thinking that I will make a 5 solenoid 1/2" manifold off of each one of the tank feeds (1 for each pump), run that to each pump where I will make another manifold (in this case, 4x 1/2" inputs). I have attached a crude drawing... does this make sense, or am I over complicating things? I presume if I do it this way I won't need any check valves at the pump?

Attachments

HeyVern

Reaction score
You only need one manifold per pump, a line from each tank to the manifold and a line from the manifold to the pump.