What's new

Purchase & upgrade

pfunk

Reaction score
This would be my first car wash. Some background. The facility is a 4 bay self serve with a very visible location. The only competition in a town of about 8000 people is a 2 bay with one self serve and one automatic brush which is out of order 50% of the time. This location also sees a very large influx of visitors over the summer months.
My initial plan is to convert one of the self serve to a touchless automatic. I am hoping that I can get some feedback on what my budget should be for the conversion. Is there a preferred manufacturer(s).

I want to learn as much as I can so any recommendations on materials would be appreciated.

OurTown

Reaction score
Investigate the electric service size (volts, amps, phases), water service size (diameter of line and pressure), sewer size, and max BTUs of current gas service. Also, you will might need to upsize the water softener and reverse osmosis machine. Are you in a cold winter climate where you may need doors or floor heat? What are the inside bay dimensions? Wash World and Petit are popular touchless machine choices. I would say at the very low end with machine and pay station you might be looking at $200K but could easily get to over $300K. The contractor side of things has so many variables stated above that it is really hard to say without totally guessing.

pfunk

Reaction score
Investigate the electric service size (volts, amps, phases), water service size (diameter of line and pressure), sewer size, and max BTUs of current gas service. Also, you will might need to upsize the water softener and reverse osmosis machine. Are you in a cold winter climate where you may need doors or floor heat? What are the inside bay dimensions? Wash World and Petit are popular touchless machine choices. I would say at the very low end with machine and pay station you might be looking at $200K but could easily get to over $300K. The contractor side of things has so many variables stated above that it is really hard to say without totally guessing.
Thanks for the advice. Interior is 14' w x 26' l x 12' h. I will get further information on the electric, water, sewer and gas service. Yes this is a cold weather climate. Doors and likely floor heat will be necessary. The entrance and exit areas are old asphalt and part of my budget is to relplace this. If I do need to upsize any of the utility services the cost to do so with the asphalt already removed should not be prohibitive.

Topwell Clean

Reaction score
Get a touchless like PDQ configuration from us, $25000, 3 years warranty, RO system optional, equipped with 5 types of foam and 1 wax, 6pcs 5.5kw dryers. We can help to design the layout plan for free as well. If you are interested, feel free to contact me.