What's new

Razor Edge stop backup issues

soonermajic

Reaction score
Anyone ever had their Razor go crazy, with telling customers to "STOP / BACKUP" repeatedly?
We shut machine down overnight (happened late evening) worked fine next am & for 2 days. Then... bam, same thing.

Distributor came out to fix, said it was only that someone had bumped photo eyes on side of walls. Realigned them, & worked fine for a little over a day. Then... bam, same issue.
It happened again yesterday, we shut down 2hrs in mid day, opned back up & still working fine. But i know it's coming again...😬

Anyone had this?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes it happened to my Razor. I wound up replacing the stop eyes. I think it happened again and I had the distributor come out. I think he made a minor adjustment to the amp for the eyes. Been fine since.

I bought another set of eyes I keep as a backup. I feel like this is a weak point in the Razor system/ bay equipment.

I also wonder if it is an issue with sunlight interfering with eye operation at specific times of day.

Last edited:

Roz

Reaction score
The eyes go bad sloooowly. Had the same issue. Our rep initially thought it was due to late day sun. After he replaced the eye it worked fine.

water guy

Reaction score
It might be wise to go through every 3yrs and replace eyes and sensors this stuff can't hold up to some of the chemicals.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
for me, i'd rather spare part the wear items and replace myself ( when practical) as they go bad. i've seen prox switches last a looooong time.