What's new

Repair help one pump powers all bays

James83

Reaction score
Need some guidance.

When I run bay2 high pressure It pushes water through all the other bays. I replaced the dema442p on a few bays as recommendation by my repair guy but nothing changed and I'm pretty far out on his repair schedule.

I closed the weeps in case they were back feeding. I checked the check valve's on the rinse tank stem, they are working properly.

What else should I check? And What else could cause this?

Thanks

Attachments

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
My guess would be a check valve on a chemical line at bay 2 that is fed from a manifold valve. the high pressure is backfeeding down the chemical line, popping open the solenoid valves on that manifold because the pressure is now on their back side, and pushing through the manifold block out to the other bays. on my D&S pump stand each of the chemicals are controlled by a valve manifold block. On my stand I would pull the low pressure lines for bay 2 out of of each manifold block, one at a time, with the hp pump running on rinse water till you got a shower coming back one of the lines. But thats me and I'm still fairly new at this. You might be able to pull all the supply lines for bay two at once and turn the HP pump on and look for the one that is blowing back while the pump is running.

mac

Reaction score
How much water comes out of the other bays? While it sounds logical to think it could be backfeeding through a chemical line, the high pressure would blow those lines as they are not rated for high pressure. My guess would be the weep lines. I have seen even simple ball valves fail, so that when you turned the handle the valve doesn't change,The best way to check this is to start pulling lines off and running the pump till you see the water. It may take a little time but it's better than throwing money at it.

MEP001

Reaction score
This is most likely your weep check valve. It's bad and letting pressure through the weep system and out to the other bays. Take the line off to it and run the pump to confirm.

Attachments