What's new

replaced my lorex bnc dvr

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
FYI, in case any of you have similar thoughts - a cheap "repair" to keep using my old camera system.

The dvr for my 2015 lorex camera system died last month, but the 14 cameras are all still working well so I decided to see if I could find an inexpensive dvr so I can get a couple more years out of the system - no reason to throw away working cameras, re-run new wires, etc. (I also have a dozen poe cameras on a separate nvr that I installed a couple years ago, so the old system is "extra" coverage.)

The old dvr was a 16 channel 1080p HD CVI DVR model# LHV221600. Thats the older "hd over coax" 1080p system that uses the bnc connections.
Replacement dvr is an ANNKE model DT61BS, I got it on amazon prime day for $159. Literally just switched all the wires from the back of the old to the new dvr and turned it on, then 3 minutes to create a login etc. So far its working fine.

It is cheaper to get the dvr without a hard drive; I didnt feel like monkeying with configuration issues between lorex & annke dvrs, I just got a plug&play system & I'll deal with swapping the hard drive later.