What's new

Ryko door control

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
It is really windy today. My doors are on a thermostat but I would like to close one to keep the wind from blowing the soap away. Is that possible? I have air lift doors but a Ryko control box.
Thx
J

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Jimmy, years ago I had my Mark VII guys rig up a way for me to do what you want. They now have "windy day" scenario written into the software.

You could easily add a toggle switch to flip and override your thermostat so that the control thinks it is cold. Then add a shut-off valve in the air line to the entrance door so you can kill the air so the entrance door will stay open. The one disadvantage is that you will have to remember to open that valve or the door won't go down if it gets cold.

soapy

Reaction score
I have all my doors on individual switches so they can be shut off as needed. Each door should have its own thermostat so you could just turn up the temp on the door you want to stay shut.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Pat,
Yes I notice my Mark7 competitor doing it all the time. You forget that I am electrically and mechanically challanged so "easily adding a toggle switch" may not necessarily so easy. I'll get one of my less "challenged" friends to take a look at it.
Soapy,
I'm a little leary of jacking around with that thermostat too much. It seems to have a wide variance of when it kicks on and off now. Once I get it set in a good place I like to leave it alone.
Thanks guys.

MEP001

Reaction score
Depending on the thermostat, it may have an adjustment to change the on/off variance. Can you upload a photo of it?

If you want to get really fancy, you could use a PLC and a wind speed gauge to trigger the doors to close on a windy day.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Jim,
You should have a thermostat for each door. I am betting yours is old enough it uses analog thremostats. You can either turn up the temp on the door thermostat or put a toggle switch between the two wires going to the thermostat.
Thanks,
Mark

lag

Reaction score
Ok I am just wondering( I am not familiar with Ryko)..... Why doesn't the car wash controller have the option to put the doors up or down whenever the owner wants to? I know PDQ has that option ,plus temp ,and time control if you choose to use them. If you do not want to run the temp control,you simply turn off that option in the controller.

I also always install togggles between the door system ,and the car wash controller. That way if you do need to you can keep the car wash from running the doors if you need to.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Ok I am just wondering( I am not familiar with Ryko)..... Why doesn't the car wash controller have the option to put the doors up or down whenever the owner wants to? I know PDQ has that option ,plus temp ,and time control if you choose to use them. If you do not want to run the temp control,you simply turn off that option in the controller.

I also always install togggles between the door system ,and the car wash controller. That way if you do need to you can keep the car wash from running the doors if you need to.
You can manually turn off the Ryko door controller at the communication interface box (The box that displays the two digit diagnostic codes). We normally run off the thermostats in case of the unexpected freeze.