What's new

Ryko OHD down. Need help.

vinh

Reaction score
HI, Today I decided to fixed a Ultrasonic problem that was recently changed. Left Rear US was changed a month ago but recently the X 5 (input) light went out and car was stopping short. The auto was still functioning with the rear US out. Today I open the electric panel in the front gantry and make sure all wire was in correctly. I fixed the X5 light problem and my first test worked perfectly. Car was not stopping short. However, 3 of my 4 wash didn't work. For the 3 wash that didn't work, when the car comes in to bay the first sensor (before the rocket blaster) cause a trip in the Q13 breaker and cause a 04 error code. I reopen the electric box in gantry and made sure all wire where in right place. Then retry the wash and now all four of my wash is not working and have same problem. Right when a car get into bay, it trips the Q13 breaker. If I reset the PLC, all lights that are supposed to me "on" is on except for X input 0 which is normally is off but is currently on. Thanks ahead. My cell is 5049093486 if anyone has any help.

soapy

Reaction score
My best guess with the info. you provided is that the first photo eye is being tripped and sending the signal for the rocker panel blaster to work. Something related to that signal is what is causing the Q 13 breaker to trip. I would start first by looking at the coil on the soleniod that opens up to provide water to the large pump during the rocker panel cycle. I think it is labeled Y 13 but not sure. Just unplug the coil and try the wash until you find it not tripping and then you have probably found your problem. I have taken plastic bags and put around the coils so water cannot drip onto them. Just drying out a wet coil may be all it takes. It is a good idea to have a couple of spare coils on hand.

vinh

Reaction score
I will try it Soapy. the problem is 2 of my 4 wash does not use rocket blaster. So those wash should work.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Vinh,
Soapy has you on the right track. Do you stop tripping the motor overload (code 04)? Which overload had to be reset to get rid of the code 04? Do you have undercar on every wash package? It could be the under car water valve tripping circuit protector Q 13. I would also look at the photo eye itself since the input 0 is the "short bay photo eye". Check the photo eye relay that controls the eyes to see if they are working properly.

Last edited:

soapy

Reaction score
I have also seen the small air solenoids trip the Q13 circuit breaker. They are labeled Y.. and sit right below the small wiring panel in the pump cabinet. All you have to do is unplug one wire from them and then test it. I have had to replace more of the air solenoid coils than anything else for some reason.

Gabriel

Reaction score
It is an extremely good idea to cover the coils and electronic boards so that moisture and water from a leak or break cannot get into them. I have done this as a precaution and so far no problems. Get creative and invent some covers and protection to your electric components.

vinh

Reaction score
Fixed. It was a Y coil wire.

You guys were right. I try to lead you in a different direction with the fixing of the ultrasonic but the wise ones can see through that. I didn't mention that I was messing with the chemical injector prior to doing the US and allowed the Tire chemical solenoid wires to touch together. I stop using tire chemical and cut the solenoid off and let wires exposed. A newbie move I know. Anyhow, Soapy, was on target. Thanks. OHD back in action and looks like a nice weekend with pollen season starting.