What's new

Ryko or Goldline

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I was out of town for 5 days last week. While I was gone things were not very busy but several times my Goldline shut down with the "out of service" on the readout. Dad says he is certain that is all the message said. I did not get a call on my cell from the Ryko when this happened. It happened again today as I was driving home. I called Randy and he suggested that it may be the Ryko instead of the Goldline. I had dad push the red button on the softgloss to restart it and check the bill path. 1 of those things temporarily fixed the problem but he doesn't know which. This happened at least 6 times over the 5 day period that I was gone and the yellow button on the Goldline restarted the other times so I'm confused. I assume that it is going to happen tomorrow and I was hoping someone might have some ideas as to what to look for. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
J

MEP001

Reaction score
If your Goldline went down without it being from your auto, it would require that an error be acknowledged before returning to service. Unless your dad just pushed buttons until it worked and didn't notice, it's probably not an ACW problem.

soapy

Reaction score
You need to check the gold line the next time this happens. See if there is a 2 digit code on the side of the acceptor. Also if you use the yellow button to reset the goldline it will tell you what problem it saw, Stacker time out, hopper jamb, etc. That should help narrow it down.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that it just missed me. It has not done it since I've been back.