What's new

Ryko signature series

wired

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know how to wire a bay activation switch into a Ryko signature series self serve system. There is no rotary switch or timer, only a keypad/display and a dumb display to show time so of course no traditional timed output to hook into. Ryko has sent some schematics but the only input they show is for rinse only.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I need a little more input on what you are trying to do here are you wanting to be able to turn on functions to test features or have it setup so you can type a code in and say give a customers free 15 min wash with all functions, let me know and I will walk you through the process of getting what I think you want done.

Steve Heck-
Diamond Car Wash & Propane
Grimes, Iowa, 50111
www.diamondcarwash.biz

wired

Reaction score
Thanks, sure let me clarify. I'm trying to activate the bay with a switch so that if the switch is on, the bay is on, and any function (Soap, rinse, wax etc...) can be activated as long as the switch/bay is on.

bneckrock

Bill Neckrock
Reaction score
If you have a keypad system on your Signature Series, instead of a rotary switch, you should still be able to set three different code numbers (if you don't have the Touch'n'Go).

One is for the washdown function (high pressure rinse only), another for a straight timed wash cycle (with as much time as the start up price allows) and a third for a 15 minute all function mode. If you have the keypad entry system, you don't need a switch, you need to program the codes. I'm not trying to be confrontational, but what would the switch accomplish that the system will not already do?

wired

Reaction score
Bill, thanks for the response. I'm trying to wire a credit card system that activates the bay using a 24vac timed output. I can use a relay if I need to but unfortunately the code functionality of the Ryko coin box doesn't help.

bneckrock

Bill Neckrock
Reaction score
Now I understand. I'll follow this post because Im thinking of doing the same, but have no help for you today.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Bill, thanks for the response. I'm trying to wire a credit card system that activates the bay using a 24vac timed output. I can use a relay if I need to but unfortunately the code functionality of the Ryko coin box doesn't help.
Are you saying the CC system you want to use already has a timed output that can be used to run all the functions? I am sorry its very late and I am just trying to understand. If you want to send me what Ryko sent you, I may be able to help as I have almost every machine schematic. I just need to know the build date to find the right one. If you are in Colorado, you could talk to Don, I am sure he could figure it out over the phone, he is a great tech/manager (I was his supervisor long ago and I trained him well).

wired

Reaction score
Yes, exactly right. The card seystem has it's own timed output just like a timer.

wired

Reaction score
RykoPro, did you get the e-mail I sent yesterday?

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
No, I did not. Let me know what you have, we should be able to figure this out