What's new

Security & Preventative Measures

mlamar

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am seeking insight from anyone with input, really. I work for a major alarm integration company in Michigan, and one of my clients has reported to me that they're constantly battling an issue of clients claiming they caused damage to their vehicles.

Now, I spent some time scrolling through this forum, and I don't quite think I've found anything more than what we've already done for them, but we're striving for more. So, what are you or your security vendors doing to help you?

I've found some AI integrated solutions from over-seas (Netherlands, China, etc.) that scan the vehicle from several angles as you drive through a "checkpoint", and an AI software runs in the background identifying rust, dents, scratches, cracks, missing parts, etc.

I'm wondering if any of you have come across something like this or have integrated something like this in your facilities.

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm betting the human eye is currently better than AI for this issue. Is the wash attended to all open hours? How many Pre-inspection cameras and how many post-inspection cameras are there? How far from the car are they and at what angle? Are they 4K and adjustable focal distance? Maybe there is something wrong with the wash and they actually are damaging cars.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Many Venders offer "Inspection arches" used at both the entrance and exit of the tunnel to establish whether damage was there before and or after wash. They can "See" a lot" but not everything. You could also make your own "Arch(s) to do the same thing.

mlamar

Reaction score
So to clarify for everyone, this client I'm dealing with is not a wash, it's a large chain of auto-repair/tire shops. The reason I'm posting here was to see if I could get some input from an industry with similar issues from what I've seen across this forum.

OurTown

Reaction score
Now that is a different animal. The body shop a few doors down takes really good photos of cars that come in and again after washing them due to this issue. Maybe your client can do something similar.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If the business has multiple entry points this could be quite cumbersome. (Having an inspection arch at each point.) Simplest would be a vehicle check in procedure with a diagram like they use for rental cars and perhaps digital photos of any issues.