What's new

Should I put a new razer in

zimmmark

Reaction score
I got a 4 bay ss and 1 Iba looking to upgrade to a razer from a M1. I got 11,000 cpd in a 35mph Town population of 5,500 in a more rural part of Pennsylvania how many cars should I project to wash or how should I figure thanks

kentadel

Reaction score
How many are you washing now? We have updated with a new automatic in a smaller population town and increased counts 15 to 20%.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Kentadel is spot on with a 15-20% increase.
Any competition? Probably not in 5500 ppl town.
I have 2 washes, both on the same state highway 7 miles apart. Very busy state highway. Cars per day mean nothing to me on that road!

One is in a 3500 population town.
we bought a used Razor 3 to replace a D&S 5000.
It has kept the locals from going elsewhere and relieved the pressure on my wash down the road. (Thats mainly why we bought it)
I would look for used but if its not available and you have no competition, I would not buy the latest and greatest Razor.
A Razor 4 is all you will ever need, especially with the advancement in chemical products.

kentadel

Reaction score
You should wash more than 10 cars per day. Just guessing previous owners were not putting out clean vehicles. A new machine with good chemicals as ShinePro stated would likely give you a nice increase in washes per day..

zimmmark

Reaction score
You should wash more than 10 cars per day. Just guessing previous owners were not putting out clean vehicles. A new machine with good chemicals as ShinePro stated would likely give you a nice increase in washes per day..
The previous owner ran it into the ground and it was shut down when I bought it so pretty bad history

kentadel

Reaction score
Yep, could see/sense that from a keyboard away. You have any pics to post? You will get great advice from this forum.

kentadel

Reaction score
That is a nice looking wash in what appears to be a good location. Those automatic bay walls should clean up. Just from my experience I would get rid of the 2 pole clearance at the entrance to the automatic and go with 1 pole or hang it in the door opening. Make it a bit more inviting.

zimmmark

Reaction score
That is a nice looking wash in what appears to be a good location. Those automatic bay walls should clean up. Just from my experience I would get rid of the 2 pole clearance at the entrance to the automatic and go with 1 pole or hang it in the door opening. Make it a bit more inviting.
Thanks for the compliment .Yes that is the plan to remove them poles and install a new pay station

OurTown

Reaction score
Are you running or own the gas station and ice cream shop as well?

OurTown

Reaction score
Maybe you could partner up with them on marketing or crossover promotions. Are you leasing the wash? If so, be careful about putting $200K into someone else's property.

zimmmark

Reaction score
Maybe you could partner up with them on marketing or crossover promotions. Are you leasing the wash? If so, be careful about putting $200K into someone else's property.
Yes I am leasing the wash. Signed a 15-year lease potential of ownership. I have another small wash in the area that I own also. And yes that is the only drawback of this situation