What's new

SS Business After IBA Installed

Etowah

JAM

Reaction score
I’m going through the process of looking at converting one of my SS bays to an IBA.
Currently I have a 3 bay SS.

For those of who have converted one of your bays to an IBA, what kind of decrease/increase in sales did you see on the SS side?

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
Ive never converted a SS to and IBA but my opinion is if you have a loyal customer base there will be a conversion of some of your SS customers to the IBA this should translate to them spending less in the SS to More on the IBA and you make more money...Not to mention the extra customers you gain from the addition of the IBA that now may use vacs or your SS.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Verify dimensions of your bay to make sure an IBA can fit; also verify you have enough water/elec capacity.

JAM

Reaction score
I’m all set on the size and other utilities. I’m at the point I need to either pull the trigger or keep it status quo. It will be a Razor XR-7 if I go this route.

Smaller town/cold weather climate from December to April(busy season)- nearest wash is 10 miles down the road. I have the better location in terms of visibility. Well established business of 25+ years.

Traffic CPD of 5,500. I’ve been told SS revenues will stay the same but just looking for other small town wash experiences when going this route.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
5500 dtc is pretty low to support a new razor. i used 3/10 of 1% for my original projections and 18 years and 2 touchfree machines later i am finally there!!!

my capture rate puts you at 6000 ish cpy. is that going to break even on a new install???

JAM

Reaction score
5500 dtc is pretty low to support a new razor. i used 3/10 of 1% for my original projections and 18 years and 2 touchfree machines later i am finally there!!!

my capture rate puts you at 6000 ish cpy. is that going to break even on a new install???
Utilities and everything else, building etc, is pretty cheap.

Without paying ahead or investing towards it annually/above the monthly payment it works out to about the same scenario as you. I’ve taken almost all the profits of it so far and paid the mortgage down.

How many CPY were you shooting for? Did you do more than forecasted?

STXCW

Reaction score
If done right, the increase in revenue from the IBA will easily offset any loss in SS business. We have done this many times. You will have to extend the length of your bay, and possibly the width and height as well. Be sure you check on the electrical load coming into the building as it probably isn't enough, and you will have to upgrade. At one of the sites we added an IBA to, the service provider charged us $38k to upgrade our service plus another $7k for the electrician to change the riser, meter can and panel.