What's new

Subject: Urgent! CryptoPay Tap Exploit - Free Washes & Missing Transactions

Carwashmafia

Reaction score
Subject: Urgent! CryptoPay Tap Exploit - Free Washes & Missing Transactions

Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has encountered a serious issue with the CryptoPay Tap system at car washes. I've been experiencing a situation where people seem to be exploiting the tap system, getting unlimited car washes for free.

Here's what's happening:

• Customers are able to tap their cards hundreds of times on the CryptoPay Tap reader, and the transactions are getting declined.
  • However, despite the declined transactions, these same customers are still receiving unlimited time car washes.
  • On my end, there's no record of these attempted transactions in my CryptoPay account. The only evidence I have is video footage of these customers washing their cars for free.
I've already contacted CryptoPay support about this issue . They assured me it had been fixed. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

This is causing significant financial loss for my business.

Has anyone else on the forum experienced this with CryptoPay Tap?

Mchas

Reaction score
Yes. Supposedly a software upgrade solves the problem and I haven’t seen it since. They have upgraded your swipers and you’re still seeing it?

RAAOO7

Reaction score
There has been multiple issues on all my tap plus units. I have over 45 units at all my washes. There is an issue where it doesn't read the tap cards. Most of the time i have to power off the bay or vac for 10 seconds then turn it back on. This is getting very annoying for our customers and staff to keep doing this. I have called cyptopay many times about this issue. They are "aware" and still don't have a fix for this. Always trying to blame the "internet" connection or wiring. I spend a lot of money and if i new this was going to happen i would have never swiped from my swipers to tap plus units. I am very unhappy with the results.