What's new

Swipe vs tap tracking

864real

Reaction score
Have cryptopay swipe on bays now. Trying to determine if worth adding tap. Can you see in cryptopay portal if someone uses swipe vs tap? If so, what ratio of swipe vs tap are you seeing?

Know it is a matter of time until all tap.

Roz

Reaction score
We changed all our CryptoPay swipe to Tap Plus. Easier to use and more reliable. Customers seem to get it too. Having the button separate from the device also seems to help the process....

edredtop

Reaction score
We changed all our CryptoPay swipe to Tap Plus. Easier to use and more reliable. Customers seem to get it too. Having the button separate from the device also seems to help the process....
What was your thought process on why you chose to replace swipers and install CryptoTap Plus vs. just adding CryptoTap in addition to your swipers.
Also, we're you able to use the existing holes from the swipers?

slash007

Reaction score
I added tap plus to all mine and kept the swipers. Tap usage is already at 50% + via the portal reporting. I still see customers swipe that have chip cards, so I like having both. Didn't see a reason to remove the swipe if it still works. I use the button on the swiper to end the charges. This is something that was not possible until a few months ago, so maybe that's why others removed the swiper. I drilled 3 holes for the tap plus and that was it. No extra hole for the large button.

edredtop

Reaction score
I added tap plus to all mine and kept the swipers. Tap usage is already at 50% + via the portal reporting. I still see customers swipe that have chip cards, so I like having both. Didn't see a reason to remove the swipe if it still works. I use the button on the swiper to end the charges. This is something that was not possible until a few months ago, so maybe that's why others removed the swiper. I drilled 3 holes for the tap plus and that was it. No extra hole for the large button.
The only conflict I would've been worried about is that the TapPlus and the swiper both transmit a signal where the CryptoTap uses the swiper to transmit.🤷‍♂️

STXCW

Reaction score
I would do it ASAP. We are beginning to convert our sites to Monex. All of our sites are on CryptoPay for the exception of 4 sites that we have converted. This is what we have seen as a blended average so far in the last 9 months on Monex.

Chip is 25.25%
Swipe is 1.75%
Tap is 73%

When I am prompted to swipe my card at a convivence store, when the chip doesn't work, I struggle. I can only imagine how many cards we missed on strictly having swipe on our CryptoPay sites. Our increase in sales helps with the cost of converting.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I added taps to my current swipes I already had. For me it seems to be around 40-45% tap. That’s in about 2 months. My main reason was the swipers seem to be picky about what card they’ll read so I wanted something else. Seems to have addressed that issue.

Roz

Reaction score
Note. If a customer uses tap on say a bay and swipe on something else like a vac or just does it a different way for a second transaction CryptoPay treats them as separate transactions since one is a EMV transaction. Recently learned about that undocumented feature. Minor but does increase transaction costs in that situation.