What's new

the correct 3/8" male hose fitting???

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have some long lengths of high-pressure hose from when I had to jet out my sewer line years ago. I plan to use it to make some 15 foot hoses for my wash bays. I got these fittings on Amazon but they are incorrect because the hole is reduced in size ( for hydraulic lines i think). do you know the correct crimp on fitting for me to get? I have the hose crimper.

the wrong style is pictured .

Attachments

Keno

Reaction score
What kind of hose? Specifics of hose may help identify fittings

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I do know what Brand Crimper you have typically has to match the brand fittings example, I have a Parker Minicrimp and use parker fittings & not Gates. I deal with Universal Hose & fittings in VA (434-392-9833) very knowledgable guys on setting you up correctly & your machine. Kleenrite has no idea in detail about hoses like these guys its all they do sell hoses,fittings & machines,dies ect..

What Brand Crimper & Model do you have now?

Blanco

Reaction score
I have a parker karry krimp and two mini crimps. I also have parker dies and use only parker hoses and fittings except for my tunnel spray down/passenger side hose. I was told that you should only use the fittings and hoses that go with your crimper. However one day a 100' kleen rite hose busted in my tunnel about 2 feet from the end on a busy day and I cut it and crimped on a parker fitting and it worked fine. I believe it was a Parker 47 series fitting. Im not saying it will work with your hose but it worked for me on the keen rite hose I bought.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Kleen rite sells both the parker crimp fittings and another brand . I've used the wrong fitting with the parker crimp and have had to make some alterations to the process to get the crimp to hold. I had to use the proper size crimp dye to get the crimp started and then use the smaller size crimp to crimpl down even further. It looked bad but Ive done this dozens of times and I don't think I've ever had one come off. I'm sure with us only using things around 1000 psi makes the process- a little more tolerant of errors.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I use Parker parker fittings : GC01-06X06 (3/8" Hose x 3/8" NPT Male Fitting) Equal to 10143-06-06 with Gates Clean Master hose part#4657-9468 the best hose i have found personally under high usage i like it alot. If that helps

Etowah