What's new

Thoughts on 'The Absorber' synthetic chamois

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used to use the absorber years ago, then switched to towel drying on cars we detail.

Now I am re-thinking my decision and may go back to the Absorber!

Less laundering will save money and I loved the way they worked.

Anyone have thoughts on the use of this product at the detail center?

Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
I say use whatever works for you. I have an Absorber, but I actually prefer towels on my own car. After I wash it and use spot-free rinse, I dry the outsides of the windows with a towel, then use that damp towel to wipe the insides of the windows and the dash. I then use that same towel to wipe the door jambs, then I can just throw the towel in the bin to be washed later. I like the Absorber, but since I still need a towel to do a thorough job I don't even use it anymore.

MEP001

Reaction score
The Absorber does work and has the feel of a real chamois, but you have to wring it pretty frequently to dry a whole car. I'd still rather use a couple of terry towels, but I can see where one would save money on laundering if you could use one Absorber all day.

Billy Mays is practically a con artist.

Danny

Reaction score
For high volume terry towels or microfiber are the way to go. Each unit is fairly inexpensive and can be washed in the Unimac quickly to stay up with demand.

Chamios are typically good in detail shops, mobile detailers, or personal use. Larger initial investment but can be rug out and keep going to finish. They also generally do not require as frequent cleaning as a towel.

Renato

Reaction score
Hi: Im using absorbes in my hand car washes! and I can say its a very good product! We use the absorber sa this:
1) First pass to remove all water with absorber
2) Other pass with a clean towel and car is already dry.
then we clean windows vacuum etc
regards
Renato
from Mexico!!

briteauto

Reaction score
I started using a jelly water blade squegee a year ago and it is fantastic. It is an incredibly soft, flexible silicone blade that will dry about 90% of the car in a minute or so, depending on size, and works on glass and paint.

With such little water left, your towel, chamois, absorber - whatever won't have much work to do, other than the finishing touches.

Pro-Techt

Reaction score
1) First pass to remove all water with absorber
2) Other pass with a clean towel and car is already dry.
That's what I do occasionally too. The Absorber never seems to totally dry the vehicle like a cotton/MF towel does. Also, if it's even the slightest bit dirty, it will leave a film on windows.

Be very careful with water blades! If you get 1 speck of dirt caught in it you're screwed. Could cost many hundreds in refinishing.