What's new

Turtle Wax Ceramic

Car Wash Brothers

Reaction score
I am changing my wash over to include ceramic. We are currently using Turtle Wax Ice. How is the Turtle Wax ceramic holding up for everyone. My distributor is wanted me to use the turtle wax ceramic but without having any experience with it I am coming on here to see what the pros would do? Thanks in advance!Would you mix the ice and ceramic in your top wash or keep them in separate washes?

Car Wash Brothers

Reaction score
We run our wax and ceramic in different washes. Ceramic Top. I do not have any experience with turtle products though as we run simoniz.

It seems that everyone is running Simoniz. I wonder if it's because it's cheaper than TW products? I have been doing alot of research and it seems that people are running the wax and ceramic in the same package. I also read on here that's its not wise to do that but when you look at all the top guys in the industry, they are running ceramic with a wax. I can see why you wouldn't want to do this. Not one detailer that applies ceramic says to also wax your vehicle so why would you run ceramic and wax in the same package.

Etowah

Car Wash Brothers

Reaction score
I use Ceramic Coat from Autowash Maintenance. Works amazingly well and a 30 gallon drum lasts a long time at my wash. I add tri-foam and hot wax also on my top pkg.

we have trifoam as well on our top 3 packages. I was told hot wax is beginning to be a thing of the past and not to use it with ceramic because the ceramic and hot wax dont adhere property to the paint when mixed.

washnshine

Reaction score
Some chemical companies boast a “layering effect” whether it is with a ceramic trifoam and ceramic sealer, ceramic wax and ceramic rain repel , ceramic drying agent- etc. - whatever. I’m not sure how much of the layering effect is true, or a way to encourage more chemical usage. If there is no benefit to layering (some companies do not even mention it) then I see no problem with a replacement approach. In other words, the top package gets your absolute premier chemical, whatever it is, then next one down gets your second best etc. I would only advise this with the last finishing product. They make ceramic drying agents now - that might appear on the second from the bottom package.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I used turtle wax ice 2 years ago worked really good but very pricey never used ceramic. The product was awsome applyed on a Laserwash 4000 on watersaver pass through hp spray atch. Used ultra lean tips I would imagine same would be with ceramic.

Etowah

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Would you mix the ice and ceramic in your top wash or keep them in separate washes?
This is fine to do but neither of these are great drying agents from TW. We have run Turtle Wax at sites in the past but moved away from them after lackluster performance from their pre-soaks and drying agents. What state are you in?