What's new

Undercarriage firing up too soon...

GregF

Reaction score
We've got a Laser 4000. Has anybody ever had a situation where the undercarriage fires up as soon as the enter light comes on... well before the customer has a chance to enter the bay? PDQ and Washworld tech support haven't been able to diagnose the problem... Anybody got any ideas???

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
If it operates on photo eye, check to be sure they are not blocker or dirty.

Ted

GregF

Reaction score
btw, PDQ had my site mgr test the photo eyes and do an alignment check to make sure they were seeing each other. That checked out just fine.

madscientist

Reaction score
one of the photo eyes or wire may be bad (receiver could be sending back a false positive signal). you can also check the amplifier in the j box (i forget the number). sometimes when it is going bad you can get some life out of it by adjusting it down.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I am not a PDQ guy but have you checked the photo eye input at the PLC? The eyes may work fine but it does not matter if the plc does not see them working.

lag

Reaction score
I have seen this situation many times. The photo eye system the issue. Fire a wash output y40 comes on then input x20 should come on. when x20 (photo eye input) goes off, then UC comes on.
Turn on y40 in your diagnostic ,then watch input x20 to see if it is coming on and staying on, or if it is flashing.

The amp is located in the J2 box, you may also want to test the strength of the eyes . turn on y40 again, all 3 lights on the amp should come on (if all 3 do not then you have an eye problem). slowly turn down the potentiometer. the relay light shouldn't go out until around 2 .

If an eye is the issue it is usually the receiver (black wire) but in around 20% of the time it is the transmitter (gray wire).

If the eyes test OK try replacing the amp (very unlikely). Their is also a very slim possibility that the signal wire back to the j0 is bad.
Hope this helps some ,Lag

galen

Reaction score
Greg, I would say it's the amp. If your in a bind and don't have an extra one, and you have a Unitc with the option that senses the car as it pulls up to it, steal the one inside the Wash Select II and replace the amp in J2. See if that fixes the problem. I just got back in town this evening and got your email.