What's new

Undercarriage Nozzels

carwash1970

Reaction score
My undercarriage nozzles are above the concrete, wanting to protect them from tires damaging them or the tires getting damaged. Call the installer they said I had two options, 1) remove the undercarriage system or 2) cut the concrete and put them in them in there. Does anybody else have any ideals of how to protect the nozzles and tires? Thanks

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I say have the concrete cut and recess them in the channel or you can put a ramp over them with holes cut out for the nozzles.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
My undercarriage nozzles are protected by a piece or ¼” checker plate bent like the letter “A”.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the ramp idea. A ramp with a flat spot on top a few inches wide and holes cut out for the spray pattern.

Just weld tabbed feet on it and attach the feet through their own hole and some well-nev- r -seized strike anchors.

Last edited:

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
When we poured concrete we set 2x4 where UC would go and a second 2x4 perpindicular running to pit. UC header lays in recess and debris mostly drains/washes to pit.

Ted

Etowah

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I have ramps, no problems. Small SS plates that are formed over manifold. Never had any tire damage.

MEP001

Reaction score
carwash1970 said:
My undercarriage nozzles are above the concrete, wanting to protect them from tires damaging them or the tires getting damaged.
After reading what you found on your video in your other post regarding tire damage, it sounds like you're trying to fix a problem that isn't a problem at all.

Gabriel

Reaction score
The problem you have now is that there will at some point be a car that spins a tire going in or backing out and they will either cut a tire, puncture a tire or at the very least tear up your undercarriage system. All of the fixes mentioned are good. My Automatics came with the diamond plate ramp over the tips with cut out holes for the spray--has worked great for 13 years. I have seen recessed systems that seem to work just as well and probably have even less to tear up. Is this a new set up or an old one?

soapy

Reaction score
I have both types of undercarriage mentioned. I prefer the channel cut into the concrete method. It is not much money to cut a channel in the concrete. Then use a flat metal plate with holes cut in it to allow the spray to come up. The problem with a metal bent into the A shape is some tires will have a problem climbing over it. Even with diamond plate or key stock welded onto the A you still will see customers spin tires on the ramps.