What's new

Vacuum Bonus Time?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I don't know how many timers allow this but it seems like 2 optional start up prices might be the way to go with the higher startup giving more time as a bonus. The operators who are extra familiar with a variety of timers can hopefully tip all of us on this approach.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
two timing bonus time

I don't like jumping to conclusions but does the total lack of response have something to do with--- that bonus time is a bad idea when it comes to the coin op vacuums? I notice there are some customers that spend over 15 minutes vacuuming. Bonus time would make it less likely to lose those customers.

I have no car wash-vacuum experience with the bonus or 2 timers so it would be nice to get some input from those that do. There was some old posts from before about the two timers but there is no longer access to them because of Bill's update.

I know that I do not regret programming in bonus time on our Internet Kiosk inside our launderette for over 5 years & I plan on using bonus time with our future dog wash.

It seems like this type of two timing can be a good thing.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I installed 6 Ind. Vacs with shampoo/spot remover, 2 & 3 motor vacs with bonus time a few years ago.
On my decal it shows the dollar/time breakdown for each use up to $4.00.
There's a big yellow star burst at the $5 amount that says BONUS TIME RECEIVE 50% FREE TIME.
Many people use it but not necessarily for the $5 bonus time.
I see a lot of people read the decal and putting in $2-3. So I think it has helped out a lot with those price points.
We get between $100-200 per month in $5 bills, I don't know how many people put in 5-$1 bills though.
I would definately do it again.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
JM,

Thanks, for the reply.

Just like I thought----it is a good fit for when we upgrade our Vacuum coin mechs & timers. Now it would be nice if someone has experience with all of the two timers as I was wondering if IDX or Ginsan or Dixmor or some other brand is the best for the vacuums. It seems like the display countdown is less relevant for the vacuums.

It seems like these old Doyle Vacs have heavier stainless than the new vacuums so it would be a shame to scrap them out for brand new lighter gauge ones.