What's new

Vacuum has no power

Wasking

Reaction score
Hello guys,need some help here.
One of my vacuums stopped working and has no power,having a hard time figuring out what’s the problem,any ideas where to check!?
Checked the brakes,no looses connections and my timer works.
View attachment IMG_5108.jpeg

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
Take your volt meter and check for 120 volt power coming into your vacuum. If you have power coming then start checking for power on the transformer. The first thing you want to do is check for incoming 120 volt power

edredtop

Reaction score
Hello guys,need some help here.
One of my vacuums stopped working and has no power,having a hard time figuring out what’s the problem,any ideas where to check!?
Checked the brakes,no looses connections and my timer works.
View attachment 11300
If your timer is working, your transformer is working. If your transformer is working you (presumably) have 120 VAC at the breaker in your vacuum.
With that said, a recent post with a similar problem was resolved by replacing BOTH motors (the operator didn't realize/notice that the first motor had quit, and when the second one died, he thought there was some other problem than a basic maintenance issue.)
Have you tried replacing a motor?

OurTown

Reaction score
Did you ever get it to work since you wired in the new timer? Check for 24 VAC power at the mercury relay when the timer is activated. Check for 115 VAC power going to the mercury relay and that it is putting out 115 VAC when the timer is activated.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
After reading @OurTown comment about you wiring in a new Led 6 timer and looking at this picture you posted, it sure looks to me that you have the blue/black wire (24vac timed load) tied in with the green/black (12vdc negative for a horn). If that is the case, that ain’t going to work.

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
It is hard to tell, but the red wire on the mercury relay should be connected to the blue wire with a black stripe from the LED6. It also looks like the green/black horn negative wire is incorrectly connected to the blue/black from the timer.

OurTown

Reaction score
After reading @OurTown comment about you wiring in a new Led 6 timer and looking at this picture you posted, it sure looks to me that you have the blue/black wire (24vac timed load) tied in with the green/black (12vdc negative for a horn). If that is the case, that ain’t going to work.

I just posted that at the same time. :D

OurTown

Reaction score
Are the little yellow and light blue (or white) wires going to the horn? It looks like the green ground wire from the timer is going to the yellow one. You might consider starting over on the wiring and carefully identifying each connection. We can help if you don't understand some of them.

Wasking

Reaction score
Hey there,sorry I took a while to respond,yes I was able to get it to work now(Transformer) took 4 days to get it here.
But now the timer starts but the timer shows a V1 02 after inserting the coins but the motors won’t start.
Tomorrow I’m replacing the motors.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Hey there,sorry I took a while to respond,yes I was able to get it to work now(Transformer) took 4 days to get it here.
But now the timer starts but the timer shows a V1 02 after inserting the coins but the motors won’t start.
Tomorrow I’m replacing the motors.
Did you remove the green/black wire from the blue/black wire? How did you determine the motors are bad? You are getting V1 02 on the screen when the timer starts for a reason. I sent you a PM

Attachments

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
If the timer was working then I don't think you needed to replace the transformer.

Etowah