What's new

Vending Machines

Splash0811

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Looking into some ideas for good vending machine options. My plan is to build a wall inside of a shop on the premise and start a wall of vending machines for customers. This is what I am envisioning:

1 refrigerated machine for drinks
1 machine for snacks
1 machine for automotive care products

**Full stand alone machines - Not small 3x3's built into the wall. There will be security cameras and will be well lit inside for the 24/7 location**

I was looking into KleenRite.com but wanted to push this out to the group and get more ideas/thoughts/experience.

TIA for your time!

Rudy

Reaction score
I'm not sure about your demographics.

You aren't going to get rich selling snacks and cold drinks at a car wash (in my opinion).

I have an old AMS 39 vendor (Old Shurvend system, which isn't around anymore). The ONLY reason I have the vendor.....is to vend discounted Hamilton Tokenotes while the wash is unattended. My regular customers are used to buying automatic Tokens at a discount. That ALONE, is the reason I have a vendor.

Hottest vend item (next to Automatic Tokens)?

Microfiber towels purchased in bulk at Costco.

They cost me less than $0.50, and they vend for $2. Even at that markup, is it really worth one's time to drive to Costco, drive to the wash, and then keep the machine "full".....?

How much are you predicting to make with 3 machines?

864real

Reaction score
What costco towels you getting? Sure I've missed them but only seen in bulk packaging vs single packaging

Rudy

Reaction score
Just fold them up, and insert them in the spirals......

They vend just fine that way.

Keno

Reaction score
We get similar from Sam's and fold and vend from a drop shelf vendor. Works great. Free shipping to our door, so no headaches to pickup

Randy

Reaction score
We sell a lot of these cotton Terry towels that we get from Costco https://www.costco.com/.product.100460088.html the price is lower when you go to the warehouse pick them up. These towels are far superior to any of the towels we have gotten from KR.

Rudy

Reaction score
Actually we vend those also.

The yellow ones outsell the white ones 2x.

Yellows vend for$2.

White for $1.50.