What's new

Washworld problem

Faceonglass

Reaction score
My undercarriage spray starts upon activation of the wash instead of when the vehicle hits the sensor.

The odd thing is it does turn off when the car finishes passing the sensor, it just starts early.

Any ideas? Thinking I will have to replace the sensor, but hoping it is a simple fix.

It is not the biggest of problems because it still runs perfectly other than that.

lag

Reaction score
You have a underwash eye failure(check your minor fault log). When an eye is blocked,dirty ,or bad Washworld will turn on the underwash so the customer does not lose it. It will shut off when the car hits the stop area.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
face

First thing to check is make sure the eyes are clean and the lenses are not dammaged. Next I would adjust the amplifier: The amplifier is located in the bay junction box where the festoon cable from the machine runs into - This box is hung on the passenger side wall, near the entrance and probably about 8' high. Turn the main power off to the machine before opening this box. The amplifier is located on the top left side of this box and has a gain adjustment knob on it - Turn the knob clockwise 1/4 turn to increase the eye gain and test another car. Also, I would recommend calling Washworld tech support to confirm proper dip switch settings on the amp. If neither adjustment can fix the problem, then I suspect an eye or amplifier needs to be replaced.