What's new

Washworld Razor 3 -- Fault code 77/78??

splashndash98264

Reaction score
All,
I have an intermittent problem with my Washworld Razor 3 where it faults out on the driver's side and I get a fault 77 or 78 followed by a fault 39 (wash out of service for 15 minutes). The fault 39 requires someone to go onsite and reset the position of the arch and then reset the machine. There are no fault codes for 77 or 78, and Washworld did not know what those meant. They suggested replacing the VFD, but before I spend that money I was curious if anyone else has had this happen? I do have the fault light lit up on the VFD for my carriage, but I am not sure which faults are popping up, i think 27/28/30? It is an Allen Bradley Powerflex 523 VFD. I have printed the manual for the VFD and plan to try and troubleshoot this weekend, but just curious if anyone else has had this happen and found the silver bullet?

Thanks,
Aman

chevyguy09

Reaction score
77 is Carriage counter prox on for 3 seconds and 78 is Carriage counter off for 3 seconds. Typically when that fault occurs, either its the counter prox itself has gone bad or the gap is incorrect or the machine is getting stuck and stalling out the motor. Check to see if the machine is square on the rails and not hitting anything and check your prox gapping.

splashndash98264

Reaction score
Thank you Chevyguy09, I will just change out the prox switches this weekend and use a scotch-brite pad to shine up the flags so it senses it better. I will keep you all posted on the VFD faults as well, hopefully it helps someone in the future. By the way, I like your tag-name, here is a photo of my 1975 Chevy K20, all original drive train.

Attachments

chevyguy09

Reaction score
Very nice!!!!!!!! Someday I'll have me one of them. Keep those poverty caps in good shape cuz the ones like that are worth a fortune in good condition!!! Sadly, I don't own a chevy anymore and now own a RAM but chevy still has my heart in the older years

JLanman

Reaction score
Man that takes me back! I had a 1968 Chevrolet C30 - 1 ton. Bucket of rust, but man could it haul. Motor was easy to work on and EVERYTHING was manual!!!