What's new

Washworld undercarriage question

Faceonglass

Reaction score
In the assembly where the transmitting sensor is located there is a heating pad. This pad somehow burned through my cord to the sensor.

I am not sure why this happened, but other than keeping ice from forming over the eye, is it necessary to have the heating pad? I am thinking of just removing it.

Wes

Reaction score
In the assembly where the transmitting sensor is located there is a heating pad. This pad somehow burned through my cord to the sensor.

I am not sure why this happened, but other than keeping ice from forming over the eye, is it necessary to have the heating pad? I am thinking of just removing it.
The heating pad is not required it's purpose is to keep the eye from being covered in ice. If the cord is burned through you will need to replace the part.
If the cable is grey it is the transmitter part # 92073
if the cable is black it is the receiver part # 92074

Wes

Reaction score
Try it if it works great !! But if you have to replace the cables you have the part numbers.
Good luck and Merry Christmas

Wes

Faceonglass

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I am in the process now of getting it back together. I am going to try and patch it together first to see what happens. Hopefully it will work, if not, $70 is not too bad.

Faceonglass

Reaction score
Ok, finished up.

I just cut out the burnt section of the wire and reconnected the sensor. It is working well currently.

Thanks again for the input!

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
The heating pad is not required it's purpose is to keep the eye from being covered in ice. If the cord is burned through you will need to replace the part.
If the cable is grey it is the transmitter part # 92073
if the cable is black it is the receiver part # 92074
Those part numbers, and descriptions are for the eyes that are flat, as those are the carlo eyes. If the eyes are rounded, both the transmitter and receiver cables will be black. Those would be pantron eyes. I just wanted to add this, as washworld uses both types of eyes, depending on when the unit was manufactured.

You can change brands of eyes, ( I think the pantron are better), but you must change the amplifier at the same time. ( same brand amplifier as eyes)