What's new

Will someone design and sell vacuum hose hanger extensions!!

sparkey

Reaction score
OK free idea to kleen-rite or who ever wants to take it on. Someone needs to sell an extension for the hose hangers on the vacuums. Every vacuum I have the hose falls down especially if its windy out. The hangers on these vacuums is always to short if you have more than 2 wraps of hose hanging on them. If you use the factory length of hose its to short. All it needs to be is a piece of stainless 1/8" bar with a couple countersunk holes for flat head screws.

MEP001

Reaction score
For that reason I only loop the vac hose twice on the hanger. This is just harder to wrap and harder for the customer to pull down:

I hang it loose like this:

I did one time have one on the end that just kept slipping off no matter how I hung it, so I put some anti-skid stair tape on the top edges of the coin box behind the hanger plate.

sparkey

Reaction score
For that reason I only loop the vac hose twice on the hanger. This is just harder to wrap and harder for the customer to pull down:

I hang it loose like this:

I did one time have one on the end that just kept slipping off no matter how I hung it, so I put some anti-skid stair tape on the top edges of the coin box behind the hanger plate.
You can hang it however you like. The first time a customer uses it, its not going to look anything like you hung it up.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
What do you mean? Your customers don’t hang the hoses up either? Thought I was the only one.

I too only loop the hose twice as there’s usually not enough room for three loops. Two looks good and keeps the hose off the ground.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
You can hang it however you like. The first time a customer uses it, its not going to look anything like you hung it up.
I agree that there is room for improvement, good idea.
However... I hang vac hoses the same way MEP does, 2 loops. The customers do put them back the same way most of the time, and its not a big problem. But yes, a larger or different hose hanger would be better.

MEP001

Reaction score
The customers at washes I've handled have always been pretty good at picking up the hoses. I walk through the wash about every 15 minutes and straighten them up, maybe they see me and follow suit, I don't know. I've also been to washes where no one hangs the hoses.

soapy

Reaction score
Sparkey, I brought a old thread back up that I started a couple years back for hose hangers.