What's new

AMS vending machine display

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The display on my AMS sensit 2 is very dim and I would like to remedy that. In your experience should I replace the entire display with a new one as well as the lens that covers it or do you think just the lens would be adequate? Thank you.

Attachments

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
The display on my AMS sensit 2 is very dim and I would like to remedy that. In your experience should I replace the entire display with a new one as well as the lens that covers it or do you think just the lens would be adequate? Thank you.
If you know someone that does quality detailing you can have them do the same process on that lens as the lenses on headlights.

Islandwash

Reaction score
the display card is available thru vending suppliers i guess $75 . I also replaced the plastic lens with a piece of new clear plastic

Rudy

Reaction score

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used an aftermarket display similar to this:
AMS Sensit 2 or 3 LED Display Board – Aftermarket | Snack Attack Vending LLC Vending Machine Service (snackattacknow.com)

I believe it's a Winstar EH 1602A.

Double check.

I found this in my files:

16x2 Dot Matrix Characters VFD Display Compatible with LCM1602 FUTABA M162SD07FA | eBay

I bet it'd work, but you'd have to solder a new header (or unsolder and resolder the header from the old display).
Thank you very much. I emailed Snack Attack. I may need a new CF 7000 MEI coin mech, too.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ryan from Snack Attack recommends a Conlux coin mech, due to the poor reliability of the Mei unit. Too many errors according to him.

He said conlux is a direct fit and costs $175. His opinion is Conlux is the best in the business.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
bought the new display through snack attack in Pennsylvania. Boy am I glad I did! The new unit is bright and clear. I also installed the new coin acceptor and it works beautifully as well.

Question: should I have the MEICF 7000 rebuilt to keep as a spare? If so who do I send it to and what is the cost? Thanks a lot.