What's new

Custom Bubbler

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ8z5Klq2W4

Custom Bubbler V1.

Having seen bubblizer / Lava arches from NS and AVW, I decided to try and make my own.

From what I know of their units I have made some changes to mine.

1. There is no float valve in the unit. The flo jet simply starts with the function.
2. I put the blower in the back room and ran a length of Vac Hose to it. Their blowers are in the tunnel. I think sucking in a mist of soapy air will lead to a short blower life.

Cost of materials was less than $400.00 2 , four foot lengths of plastic trench from Home Depot, a couple of lengths of PVC to lay in the trench, one for air and one for liquid, Vac / blower motor, same type used for air shamee available from KR, a 120 / 120 mercury relay to run the blower off the DRB Function without overloading it.

The $400.00 cost was for the above and did not include cost of the mixing / pumping station: Hydrominder, flo Jet, Solenoid valve and regulater.

Next version I will replace the trench drain section with 4" PVC with a slot in the top, and larger hole at the center for air and liquid supply.

I think we (the industryy0 is still missing the Boat. They sell “Foam Party: cannons for about $1000 the only unknown si if the components will handle the tens of thousands of off / on cycles

briteauto

Reaction score
Very nice work, Earl. Is that regular detergent going on with the bubbler?

With that top brush followed by an AVW mitter, you must get very good horizontal surface cleaning.

What is the lineup of equipment for the rest of the tunnel?

Mike

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Very nice work, Earl. Is that regular detergent going on with the bubbler?

With that top brush followed by an AVW mitter, you must get very good horizontal surface cleaning.

What is the lineup of equipment for the rest of the tunnel?

Mike
I use KR Cherry Blossom I use in the SS because I thought was te foamiest thing I had. I bumped up the flo jet to 30 PSI from 20, and it seems better. 40 PSI made it foamier.

I use the KR Triple foam soap in the Foam sticks preceded by KR Low PH in the pre soak.

After the AVW Mitter is a pair of AVW wraps, a set of lower details, A sherman Side to side mitter and then a second set of lower details.

sudsurfer

Reaction score
We have installed a lava arch but can't seem to get the "sheeting" action we would like. Have tried 3 different chems from different companies. Also, does anyone know if the usual is to charge extra or include in top package or ala carte? Thanks.

newtunnel

Reaction score
We have installed a lava arch but can't seem to get the "sheeting" action we would like. Have tried 3 different chems from different companies. Also, does anyone know if the usual is to charge extra or include in top package or ala carte? Thanks.
We use Simoniz hot wax. KR has it. We charge $19 or $4 ala cart.

carnut2

Express Exterior
Reaction score
Lava arch update

Wanted to clarify. Our lava arch is installed about 6 feet past the presoak as a free standing arch. We have never got it to operate as we would like. Anyone have one for comparisons? What soaps, pricing, etc.?