What's new

HydraFlex chemical injectors.

John Spokas

Reaction score
Anybody using these? How do you clean 'em if they get clogged?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
John (How the heck are you?) Was in the back room of local Sonny's $3.00 operations. Done by Dave D, they have Hydraflex. Maybe you know one of those guys. Having seen the I don't know why it would be different from a hydrominder metering tip to clean. They seem to have a quick disconnect and a little compressed air would do the trick.

DivineSuccess

Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean the barb fitting since it doesn't come apart.

I usually would just run some air and warm water through the barb similar to what Earl recommended. That usually works well.

John

mac

Reaction score
I've seen them in washes and really like them. The system provides a very consistent metering and delivery for your chemicals. It seems they have really thought this through. Yes, I do sell them, but the pricing is a little hard to get over. On a new installation it's a no brainer. Really opens up the equipment room. With the Zep line of Assure concentrates it's hard to beat. No more fooling around with drums.. For a retrofit, and this is just my opinion, it might take a little time for the system to pay for itself. If you are the type of operator who really cars about the details of cleaning a car, I suggest you take a hard look at it. By the way, I'm in FL if you want to buy one. :cool:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Took a hard look at it. Noted need for a separate booster pump with regulator, starter and wiring, and the need for a spare in case that one goes down. Since it is likely you can use hyper concentrates with Hydrominders (I do with KR) products, there is little if any space saving because you still need room for 5 Gallon Pails.

So, I will stay with the Hydrominder / Flo Jet system. Spares are easy to stock and swap out if needed.

mac

Reaction score
Good points Earl. That would leave just one advantage to the system, that being a consistent metering of chemicals. On your busy days, usually a Sat., your city water pressure goes way down, so your concentrations will be off with the Hydrominders. But is that enough of an advantage to go with the HydraFlex? Don't know. It does look cool though. That should count for something.

mrfixit

Reaction score
I have them on my automatic. No problems, never had one clog. Use a good foot valve with strainer and the chem tip shouldn't clog with anything a hook up of hot water to the chem port wouldn't clear, a poke with a paper clip maybe.. If the orfice clogs remove from system and clean. I run a large y type strainer behind my pump to prevent anything getting by to the valves or injectors.

I do have the water pressure problem on my ss bays and have considered hooking up some lp functions like presoak and tire cleaner with injectors instead of hyrominders. I have boost pumps running the solution from the mixing tank already. The problem is the three bays. I don't think one large injector will work as the flow will be different depending on bays open. I think you need one injector on each bay for consistent results. I would also want to inject air like my automatic if I do it.

I have a couple of my bays running zero pressure injectors on the hp soap and wax, bypassing float tanks and its been working fairly good. Hyper concentrates wouldn't work that well though because of the design.

The Injectors are only ~ 40 each.

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Good points Earl. That would leave just one advantage to the system, that being a consistent metering of chemicals. On your busy days, usually a Sat., your city water pressure goes way down, so your concentrations will be off with the Hydrominders.
I have heard this before and it may be an issue in some places. For the most part a pressure drop results in less volume thru the venturi and proportionally less chemical draw. Has not been an issue. Also, because like a lot of codes require a seperate "Surge Tank" is used with a separate pump which maintains constant pressure. In a pinch you can by pass that tank / pump whcih may or may not be possible but all in all the constant presure issue is not solved by the hydraflex injectors it's solved by the pump which can be used just as easily (or as with just as many issues) with other injectors.

soapy

Reaction score
I use the injectors on my automatics with good results. The automatics use a rotary pump for consistent pressure. I add a flow meter between the chemical and the injector so I can see that I am getting proper flow. I do keep spares on hand. At some locations I use a dual barb injector so that the high PH soap and surfactant get injected together rather than premixed prior to injection.

Etowah