What's new

LaserWash 360+ vs RazorWash Edge

med5595

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am choosing between either the LaserWash 360+ or RazorWash Edge. I know these machines are very similar but I am having a hard time choosing which system to go with. I have heard the Razor wash is better but not by much. I am leaning toward LaserWash because I really like the aesthetic, especially with the new LED lit arm, I think they did a great job with it. If I go with the LaserWash, I will need the on-board dryers but with the Razor wash I will be able to do off board. Please let me know your thoughts.

washnshine

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am choosing between either the LaserWash 360+ or RazorWash Edge. I know these machines are very similar but I am having a hard time choosing which system to go with. I have heard the Razor wash is better but not by much. I am leaning toward LaserWash because I really like the aesthetic, especially with the new LED lit arm, I think they did a great job with it. If I go with the LaserWash, I will need the on-board dryers but with the Razor wash I will be able to do off board. Please let me know your thoughts.
Why would you need onboard dryers with the 360? Don’t they have an option to use drive through? That alone would be a big factor in my decision, not to mention many other considerations.

TMoliver

Reaction score
Both of those machines are nice and pricy. I would look at the "IL" similar to the 360 at Dynamic Wash Soultions. I believe it comes standard with onboard dryer. They are in booth 543 if you are still at the show. They also have 2 other IBA's that wash faster if speed is what you want, both with osculating nozzles and is capable of washing 3 sides and the top at once. All three of their IBA's cost less than anyone else.

OurTown

Reaction score
Both of those machines are nice and pricy. I would look at the "IL" similar to the 360 at Dynamic Wash Soultions. I believe it comes standard with onboard dryer. They are in booth 543 if you are still at the show. They also have 2 other IBA's that wash faster if speed is what you want, both with osculating nozzles and is capable of washing 3 sides and the top at once. All three of their IBA's cost less than anyone else.

Are these the Chinese machines with their own controls?

TMoliver

Reaction score
No all of the controls are manufactured in AR by DWS. The "IL" uses a China made gantry. The Tidal Wave models are built in AR. DWS offers your choice of HP pumps Giant or Cat and tankless chemical injection,

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm a big fan of the razor. I've had mine for three years now and it's been an awesome upgrade to my car wash. The maintenance is easy. The computer interface is very user-friendly. Tech-support through my distributor Autowash Maintenance is top notch. I've actually been able to contact the vice president of WashWorld a couple times via email and we have chatted back-and-forth. How many companies can you do that with?

The machine washes the heck out of the cars and the customers love it so far it's fast. It's easy to program. You can look at what's going on in real time through your Phone app. You can issue a free wash remotely through the phone. That's probably available in a lot of car washes today but its head and shoulders above my old equipment. I have had very little downtime at all with this awesome machine.

Get the razor.

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
I would be more than happy to discuss the PDQ with you. I would even welcome you to the plant for a tour and go through the equipment so you can see how they are built. I would be curious to know your bay length, because if you can use a SA dryer on the WW, you should be able to do the same on the LW.

med5595

Reaction score
Why would you need onboard dryers with the 360? Don’t they have an option to use drive through? That alone would be a big factor in my decision, not to mention many other considerations.
I think I can get the stand alone with the PDQ also. Not taking that as a factor, what do you think? I like the PDQ because the aesthetics are much nicer.

washnshine

Reaction score
I think I can get the stand alone with the PDQ also. Not taking that as a factor, what do you think? I like the PDQ because the aesthetics are much nicer.
That’s your call - I just think for the sake of throughput and cph, I would want off board drying no matter what I bought.

traveler17

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I would go with who has the best support and which machine is the easiest to work on yourself. I’ve heard nothing but good about washworld.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I would go with who ever you could get great service with and parts in your direct area and alot of that has changed Drastically company's getting bought out by bigger players consolidating and it has not been for the good for small operators from what I have seen.

OurTown

Reaction score
Maybe things have changed but we were told to go with WashWorld if you were a hands-on operator because they will support you directly. PDQ supports distributors more than operators so if you are more hands off then possibly that is a better choice assuming you have a good local distributor.

med5595

Reaction score
That’s your call - I just think for the sake of throughput and cph, I would want off board drying no matter what I bought.
I agree with what your saying, but I only have a 28' bay so it won't really matter if the dryers are offboard because I could not get another car in wash bay. For Off board, i will need to give them 60 seconds and thatll be around the same time as just having 2 passes with the onboard. Tell me if I am mistaking.

washnshine

Reaction score
What if you go outside of the building with the dryers - even a few feet out, or whatever you would need to get the next car to enter.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my razor washes a lot more cars than my old superior machine partly because the blowers are outside the building. They were also outside with my old equipment but the difference is that the razor is programmed to prompt the next car to enter while the car in the bay is driving forward through the blowers slowly. When you have one driving out under the blowers while the next one drives in the bay through the under body spray it definitely increases throughput rather than having the blowers necessarily complete the full-time allotment before the next car is prompted to enter. This is where your throughput is increased.

washnshine

Reaction score
There is also the visual perception of the customer to consider. Some people will be hesitant to completely enter the bay, even if prompted with the signal light. If the car exiting under the blowers is moving very slowly, they will be uncomfortable with distance. Others won’t have any problem riding the bumper of the car in front of them to get to the treadle/stop signal as quickly as possible.

med5595

Reaction score
I would love to move the dryers outside, however it will be an issue with the neighbors and planning department.

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
Maybe things have changed but we were told to go with WashWorld if you were a hands-on operator because they will support you directly. PDQ supports distributors more than operators so if you are more hands off then possibly that is a better choice assuming you have a good local distributor.
OurTown, PDQ will help the operator or the distributor. It has been that way for many years. We also have customer training annually that customers are welcome to attend at no cost.

Etowah