What's new

$1.95 or $2.95 Exterior Only.

my2cents

Reaction score
Waxman and Robert Roman are both correct. If the numbers work out as Robert says, then you can make some money - especially at $2.95 with 200,000 cars. I have been in the business of tunnels and have seen them all over the country and not many sites do 200,000 cars. The area I am most aware of is the Detroit market and the washes have been de-valued to the point that no one is making any money unless they add a $1.00 for trucks and SUV's or chrge in excess of $3.00. By the way, they don't towel dry at $3.00. There are a handful of operators sticking to thier guns and charging $6.00 or more, but the volume is lower.

What happens when a bad winter hits (3 years in a row in Detroit) and your volume drops 25-30%? That $1.95 wash is in the tank along with your profit. The $2 market in Detroit is moving to $3 because operating costs rise and wash volumes are falling.

Never de-value your product. Hold the price in line with everyone else and give a great product. Your customers will be back if they get what they pay for.