What's new

A tip of the hat to Wash World

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
Rykopro you're defending something that you haven't checked out. Mac has offered you phone numbers to back up what he says.

To me it sounds like you're shooting the messenger!

Rather than defending why don't you check it out?

mac

Reaction score
Believe me, if I were making this up, or did not have the whole story, our webmaster would have killed this long ago. I know. He's killed other things I've posted without the full story. And yes, sometimes punching someone in the nose is quite satisfying. Beats spending thousands on a lawyer with no results.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Rykopro you're defending something that you haven't checked out. Mac has offered you phone numbers to back up what he says.

To me it sounds like you're shooting the messenger!

Rather than defending why don't you check it out?
I am not defending this guy! I just prefer truth over hearsay. I looked through this thread and found no phone numbers or anything to back this up. All I have is an individuals name and dist. name.
Here is the only "proof" Mac has offered:"To give you an idea of Kyle's actions, his last sale here, right before the guy was supposed to open, after an installation that took about 4 times longer than most, he tells the guy thta he's broke and spent all the money, and sorry, but that last $75,000 of equipment needed to finish the install, just ain't gonna be there."

I hate thieves and liars, it goes against everything I personally stand for. I have seen Mac trash competition since I started coming to this site and I am always leery of his acquisitions. Maybe this time he is right, I have no way of knowing. When I have time, I will look into this.

mac

Reaction score
Rykopro, read the basic rules of posting anything here. They are pretty specific in stating that you do not post phone numbers. I stated earlier that anyone can email me and I will give you all the numbers you like. I just don't think that you would anyway. I will bash the bejeebers out of people and organizations that I find offensive. If my rantings go over the line, they get dumped by the guy that runs this place. I listed the companies that have dumped this guy : Autec, Magic Wand, Wash World, and Mark 7. You can call ANY of them. Do you think that I would say that if these companies had not dumped him? And for a current disertation on your favorite company, see a related link in the auto section. I have simply reached the point in life where I don't suffer fools lightly.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Mac wrote: "I listed the companies that have dumped this guy : Autec, Magic Wand, Wash World, and Mark 7. You can call ANY of them. Do you think that I would say that if these companies had not dumped him? "

This guy worked for all of these companies ripping people off along the way? How long has he in business down there?

mac

Reaction score
He's been here for a while. He is unfortunately not the only one here. Can you say Barry Boyd. He is still here and in business.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
This does not say much for the companies that made him a distributor. Is it that easy to be a distributor for these other brands, I know Ryko does not operate this way. They would rather be factory direct than hand over a distributorship to a less than desirable dist.

Red Baron

Reaction score
This does not say much for the companies that made him a distributor. Is it that easy to be a distributor for these other brands, I know Ryko does not operate this way. They would rather be factory direct than hand over a distributorship to a less than desirable dist.
I dunno, there are some pretty slick-talking conmen out there. It's easy for a manufacturer to get hornswaggled by a guy who can supply a dozen very good references that seem to make him look solid gold. I know a lot of flybynight roofers who can supply a full page of satisfied customers, but who're also wanted in 15 counties for defrauding homeowners.

I'm not saying that is the case with the guy Mac is referring to, but the fact that the guy managed to work for a bunch of big manufacturers does not tell me he's honest. He may be honest, or he may just be slick.

Besides, I tend to trust the word of a pilot vs. a nonpilot. :)

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as an honest salesman?
I would think these manufactures would at least check him out since he seemed to bounced around so much.