What's new

Advice on increasing CPD on Petit

Eric H

Reaction score
Traffic count 7500,
What did your Proforma indicate the car count would be? Calculating 7500 x .005 = 37.5 cars per day. This is Robert Roman’s formula.
For the past 20 years I’ve had my eye on a site in front of a Walmart. Traffic count is 9500. Mostly commuter traffic or direct into Walmart. Using my Proforma program, I’ve never been able to make the numbers show an enough profit.

Roz

Reaction score
Your place looks very nice and appealing. Perhaps some mural on the side of the building to get people talking about the cool looking mural?

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
We have feather flags by the street that we alternate between a few different ones to keep changing things up. Really inexpensive way to catch peoples attention. Also try to hit home the 24/7 open as that sets you apart from the tunnels.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Eric, I didn't do a ProForma. I saw abcity of 68,000 that had zero good Touchless washes, & found a spot in front of WalMart. I knew the traffic count was low, but it is also a stop sign corner with SLOW traffic.
I erroneously thought that would add up to 70cpd. Boy have I been wrong.

But, that area of the city is growing, & it will get bwtter.

I forgot to add, this was was closed down for 10 yrs. We bought it for CHEAP, remodeled, & have a helluva good wash now. I just gotta get folks to try it one time.

I have thought about buying 500 --1000 Cryptopay $1 cards. Anybody else lse done this with success?

Reactions: Zal

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I will only say that any comp washes through the use of gift cards, codes, etc. to customers should be given to customers that drive clean cars. I know that is counter intuitive but the cleaner the car, the more likely they care about the way their car looks and are more likely to be a frequent customer. If a car is trashed, don't bother giving them a free wash. They have already exhibited they really don't care what their car looks like and will get your free wash and won't be back for a year, or ever.

That info above is probably the best nugget I ever got from an ICA seminar.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Greg, that is very intuitive. I never thought of it that way... But, that is simple brilliance!

ShinePro

Reaction score
One of the best things I ever did after getting the new paystation 4 yrs ago.
i went and visited the local sheriff. Sold him fleet cards for the whole dept. at about half price. They wash all the cruisers etc. Then they all started washing their own cars and they talk to a lot of people.

The best part of the deal- one never knows when a cruiser comes rolling in for a wash. Having them on site at sporadic times is a blessing!

Keno

Reaction score
Can you capture the Walmart shoppers traffic? Free or 1/2 of any wash with a Walmart receipt from same date? Might be worth trying a similar promo for a while to get people used to using your wash when they do their weekly shopping. You want it to be part of their routine, weekly shopping and car wash. Easy and convenient for them.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Eric, I didn't do a ProForma. I saw abcity of 68,000 that had zero good Touchless washes, & found a spot in front of WalMart. I knew the traffic count was low, but it is also a stop sign corner with SLOW traffic.
I erroneously thought that would add up to 70cpd. Boy have I been wrong.

But, that area of the city is growing, & it will get bwtter.

I forgot to add, this was was closed down for 10 yrs. We bought it for CHEAP, remodeled, & have a helluva good wash now. I just gotta get folks to try it one time.

I have thought about buying 500 --1000 Cryptopay $1 cards. Anybody else lse done this with success?
Remodels are tough. It's not easy to get people to come try your "new" wash that did a crap job every other time they went there previously for years.

When you build new from the ground up, everybody wants to come try the "new" place, but when you are trying to resurrect an old wash that had a bad reputation, that's a long hard road. I've done it.

You have to use signage/banners/feather flags/balloons/everything to get people to know that the site has new owners that have completely remodeled it and is putting out a good car. Old reps die hard.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Remodels are tough. It's not easy to get people to come try your "new" wash that did a crap job every other time they went there previously for years.

When you build new from the ground up, everybody wants to come try the "new" place, but when you are trying to resurrect an old wash that had a bad reputation, that's a long hard road. I've done it.

You have to use signage/banners/feather flags/balloons/everything to get people to know that the site has new owners that have completely remodeled it and is putting out a good car. Old reps die hard.
Truth here. I’m doing the same with a tunnel.

My distributor said it could be a good 2-3 years

Zal

Reaction score
Coach,
I did similar with an old wash, rehab, new paint, membership on PDQ equipment. What worked for me was a great clean car with soap dripping off the car before the rinse to show we don't skimp, also make a lot of noise- big banners with Wednesday specials, LOUD SIGNAGE for short terms, directly behind me is a tunnel. Every week I had new customers as the tunnel did damage to their cars so I added a banner on that side with big letters CAR WASHES DONE TOUCH FREE on a 12'X4 banner - In about a year I was smiling since we did 3 times start up volume. I'm working on the second bay now and its already on Dencar Membership and so will next bay. KEEP UP on Google-this generation does use it so have someone you trust run a google account on your property. My advertising budget is $50 monthly for google and $50 for facebook-no need to advertise more than a few miles from the wash is all it takes. Considering a 4th wash location soon since all 3 are profitable. at least 12 months of hammering the message really helps

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have avg 37 CPD during August so far. MORE than double what I was doing. greatly appreciate you guys help. I have been pasing out free 1x use cards, telling everybody I see, & asking folks to like us on FB

Last edited:
Etowah