What's new

American Changer CC Processing Questions

bneckrock

Bill Neckrock
Reaction score
I am presently using LaSalle (now B of A) to clear my credit card sales. Their fees for most transactions are 1.88% + $0.25. We were looking for another processor and found out American Changer has its own CC processing program.

They want 1.77% + $0.14. Seems like a much better deal. No charge to convert their equipment (a Credit Card Token Vendor), but $100 each for my two Hamilton Gold Lines.

Is anybody out there using American Changer for Credit Card processing? Am I missing anything? Anybody getting a better deal from someone else?

washrunner

Reaction score
i haven't used american changer to process cc transactions, however, when i switched i gave my merchant statement to the new merchant and asked them how much they could save me in fees.

keep us posted.
mel

MEP001

Reaction score
I hear Hamilton is working with a major bank to offer a good rate. Our current rate is about the same as yours, and it's the 25? transaction fee that hurts the most.

Chad

Reaction score
Is the American program the same as Newtek? We bought an American 4yrs ago and they recomended Newtek as a processor. But I think our fees our higher than posted above.

bneckrock

Bill Neckrock
Reaction score
I'll look into a couple of options and let everybody know how I did. There was an earlier post from some guy who said he could beat the deal I posted above, but now it's gone. You know, I was looking for an easier way to save a buck or two, hoping someone else did my homework for me, but I guess it's my turn in the barrel.

MEP001

Reaction score
bneckrock said:
There was an earlier post from some guy who said he could beat the deal I posted above, but now it's gone.
I saw the post and advised him that he become a forum advertiser so he can mention his deal without his (and my) post being deleted - maybe he saw it in time. I still think it would be in his best interest to support the forum.