What's new

Anyone have experience using Dositrons ?

CWdummy

Reaction score
My plan is to update my low pressure side. I have a 6 bay currently with foam brush, triple foam and tire cleaner on the low side. My plan is to eliminate the triple foam as it is a pain to maintain and not used a lot. I plan to replace it with Presoak. Each chemical has a SS tank with hydrominders and Flojet pumps on a SS stand. I want to eliminate all this and put a panel of 3 Dositrons on the wall with the liquid and air solenoids. I also want to put in a much smaller air compressor to free up space and decrease noise, since Flojet pumps going away. Also I switched over to the high concentrate chemicals last year to make chemical handling easier, cheaper, save on freight and to free up space. For those that have done this, what is your opinion? It looks like a no brainer to me.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I guess first question is will you have enough water pressure and volume to supply 3 Dosatrons (PS, TC, FB) serving 5 bays at the same time. Also - no low pressure wax option which would require a 4th Dosatron? (I have not done it nor do I care to.)

kentadel

Reaction score
I have used dosatron pumps for several years in self service and in bay. I really like them. I supply them with either city water pressure or a tank and jet pump. You should get years of service.

Tim.peele

Reaction score
I replaced my 30 year old low pressure (tire,Presoap and foam brush) Hydrominder system over a year ago with 3 panel Dosatron unit it created a lot more room so far so good foam brush I did add air only drawback is I can’t individually adjust the air on each bay but that’s not been a problem yet I also use a Dosatron for my Mr. foamer that I’ve had for over five years, and never had to touch it

CWdummy

Reaction score
I guess first question is will you have enough water pressure and volume to supply 3 Dosatrons (PS, TC, FB) serving 5 bays at the same time. Also - no low pressure wax option which would require a 4th Dosatron? (I have not done it nor do I care to.)
Yes. 1” city water supply line coming into equipment room at 80# pressure. Have pressure reducing valve and backflow preventer also. It is a 6 bay. High pressure side is rinse, wax and high pressure soap.

Roz

Reaction score
Dosatrons are great, no tips required to dial in the chemical ratio. We had very few if any issues when we used them for our LP SS functions.