What's new

Anyone try the "coolwall" paint for block walls that Kleenrite sells?

doublj70

Reaction score

JustClean

Reaction score
Hello,
I've not had great luck painting bay walls..., but I saw this advertisement on the Kleenrite site for this "Coolwall" paint system that says it's specifically for brick/block walls, with a gloss clear coat you put on at the end. It looks pretty cool, but I wanted to see if anyone on the forum has tried it out..... Any insight would be greatly appreciated.... Here is the link to kleenrite.

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-32992-coolwall-wash-guard-super-cote-1-gallon.aspx

Thanks! John
Also looking for some input. Thanks.

chiggybite

Reaction score
Yes, I did put on the Kleen rite Kool wall. I have nothing but good things to say about it. This July will be 3 years, and it looks like new. Be sure to prep exactly as told. I also put a dark color at the bottom then a bright blue strip, then a light color at the top. It was costly but at this point NO regrets. If someone could tell me how to attach pics I will. Good luck

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I would love to see those pictures, I have another wash owner looking to paint vs paneling and this paint seems to be the only paint designed for carwash environments

MEP001

Reaction score
If someone could tell me how to attach pics I will. Good luck
Use a hosting service (Imgur, Photobucket, Imageshack, Google Drive, etc.) or Facebook (Set an album to public and upload pics there) then paste the image URL with the "Insert Image" button above the text box.

LisaLyons

Reaction score
I did this at my wash three months ago. It was expensive and will try to get a breakdown for you ..did a lot of upgrades along with doing this. I have been impressed so far. Usually after painting, six months later it looks like it did before I painted. So far, the bubble brush stains aren't happening, we can clean up the grease stain and drywall and dirt with a brush, and it still looks fresh. There is not any mold so right now I will give it a B+. The only reason I am not giving it an A is because of time. Been burned too many times with painting. The painter told me it should look great for five years and need to be redone in ten years. I was down for a week. This is not a do it yourself project. The only worry I have is graffiti. Hasn't happened yet but it is not as easy as painting over it. It is a process..be thankful if you don't have that problem! I am semi hopeful on this. It looks really nice right now. Hoping for the best.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I'm getting quotes for another wash I am now starting to help manage and to repaint his interior walls which include: 2 autos and 3 Self Serves with Wash Guard paint it came to $37,757.00 Labor and Material WOW! he is leary on putting paneling up due to some concerns like Graffiti or somebody gouging their name in the paneling with a screwdriver I would take replacing a panel or two vs having to repaint.

pgrzes

Reaction score
The only worry I have is graffiti. Hasn't happened yet but it is not as easy as painting over it.

If you get grafitti try to use oven cleaner. It may take 2 or 3 coats to get it all, but it generally works well on shaker can paint. And generally does not hurt painted finishes.
I have used MAB seashore white paint in my self serve bays. over the last 12 years we may have painted walls twice. holds up well, cleans up well with nu wall. If prepped well its an inexpensive paint solution, do it yourself project. One day down for a bay.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm getting quotes for another wash I am now starting to help manage and to repaint his interior walls which include: 2 autos and 3 Self Serves with Wash Guard paint it came to $37,757.00 Labor and Material WOW! he is leary on putting paneling up due to some concerns like Graffiti or somebody gouging their name in the paneling with a screwdriver I would take replacing a panel or two vs having to repaint.
You could probably have it done with the fiberglass-reinforced epoxy coating for that.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
At that price I would look at using Extrutech panels for the walls and ceiling. I bet it would be less money and look great.

vashick1

Reaction score
Update?

I did this at my wash three months ago. It was expensive and will try to get a breakdown for you ..did a lot of upgrades along with doing this. I have been impressed so far. Usually after painting, six months later it looks like it did before I painted. So far, the bubble brush stains aren't happening, we can clean up the grease stain and drywall and dirt with a brush, and it still looks fresh. There is not any mold so right now I will give it a B+. The only reason I am not giving it an A is because of time. Been burned too many times with painting. The painter told me it should look great for five years and need to be redone in ten years. I was down for a week. This is not a do it yourself project. The only worry I have is graffiti. Hasn't happened yet but it is not as easy as painting over it. It is a process..be thankful if you don't have that problem! I am semi hopeful on this. It looks really nice right now. Hoping for the best.
Hello Lisa,
I am rehabbing an old brick 7 bay ss and am considering either epoxy paint or Tex Cote from Kleenrite. Any chance you can provide an update on your experience with Tex Cote? I have painted many self serves over the years, but have never been satisfied with how long the paint lasts.
Thank you, Randy