What's new

Arches on pay vacs

Zal

Reaction score
So who has arches on pay vacs and what are the best products, most bang for the buck. Im thinking of a new vac site on a larger property to get vac and detailing away from self serve area. Thanks all!

traveler17

Reaction score
I made my own years ago using KLeenrite in bay booms attached to my light poles that sit in the middle of each vacuum island. As I recall I was under $150 per vacuum and they have worked great for several years.
Would you mind posting some pics when you have an opportunity. Interested in seeing them!! Thanks!!

soapy

Reaction score
Here is a picture and my best recollection of the build. I used 2 booms from Kleenrite and bolted them to my center light pole. I run 2 inch vac hose up to the end of the arch. On the arch I use a 4 inch PVC pipe to support the hose. At the end of the arch I couple it to a tapered vac hose going from 2 inch down to 1.5 inch hose. This helps keep things from clogging up any where in the hose and if I do have a clog I unscrew the tapered hose clean it out and reattach it. Varies Zip ties along the way to keep hoses in place along the boom. I have had this setup for over 10 years and it works well at keeping the hose off the ground and easy to vac both sides of a car. IMG_1173.JPG

kentadel

Reaction score
This shows the stand for hanging the claws on. 1st hoses were about a foot longer than needed. Cut them shorter after this pic. vac.jpg

Last edited:

Blanco

Reaction score
I would not do arches on pay vacs. I spent 100K on Gin San arch vacs about 3 years ago and I'm replacing them within next month or two when the new vacs come in. Learned my lesson. Yes it was expensive. Vacs get clogged constantly. Do they look cool YES but if they dont work there good for nothing. NOT BASHING GIN SAN because all arch vacs are same. Also If they are pay vacs customers get pissed when they dont work. If they were free it's no big deal they will move to another stall. Save your self the headache and money.

If your set on arch pay vacs I got 20 gin san arch vacs ill sell you but you cant say I didn't warn you 😂

Last edited: