What's new

AVW Dryer Setup

liftheavy

Reaction score
i was watching some car wash videos during my downtime and i was looking at AVW's tunnel on their main youtube page:

in this video, right after the high pressure rinse arch they have a flash dryer which is not something i've seen.

i am assuming this is to blow away the remaining soap and water so the pH/chemistry for ceramic, graphene, drying agent, etc afterwards is not diluted? or is there another reason for this setup?

has anyone tried it? if so, did you feel like it did make an improvement in the paint finish or the drying capability?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
They have a flash dryer + 14 more. IMO overkill. I have had several setups. One had a flash dryer right after the rinse Then 7 more. Turned out a really dry car - perhaps not as much as 14 more. Saw another install where they put flash dryer before the Final rinse, drying agent /setting arch. End product was not any better but they might save some $ on not needing as much water to get rid of soap and less drying
agent as well. Don't know cost trade off between electricity for dryer and savings on water and drying agent.

liftheavy

Reaction score
for sure i dont plan to have 14 dryers in my tunnel, ahaha. ive been happy with 9 dryers w/ 12 ft of drip space in all my sites.

so having tried flash drying immediately after the first rinse and seeing some results, is this something you've replicated or would want to replicate?

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I wonder if that one flash blower is there to move all the reclaim water off the car before the final rinses?

liftheavy

Reaction score
here's another, this time a NCS-Macneil tunnel doing it right after their magnum high pressure rinse arch:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
for sure i dont plan to have 14 dryers in my tunnel, ahaha. ive been happy with 9 dryers w/ 12 ft of drip space in all my sites.

so having tried flash drying immediately after the first rinse and seeing some results, is this something you've replicated or would want to replicate?
If after "First Rinse" means there is another rinse, no I only did after final rinse. One place I saw did it after a first rinse but before the DA and setting arch. End product wasn't any better but I think he could use less DA because any soapy residue that counteracts DA was gone.