What's new

Best Card Payment Acceptor

Joel

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought a self-wash unit with 4 bays and was looking to add credit card acceptors as one of our improvements. Been doing my research, and the top 3 companies I see are CryptoPay, Monex and Nayax.

I'd love to hear which company you guys use for your carwash, and why you chose that one specifically. The specific product would be useful as well if you know, such as the Crypto-Pay Tap as an example if you use CryptoPay.

Cheers,
Joel

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use Cryptopay. No tap yet. Already had LED 7s in Bays so that was an easy install. I had to get software updated on a couple timers. 1/2 the vacuums done later since I had to change the timers as well.

Keno

Reaction score
Have nayax in 20 bays, 19 vacs, and 2 ACW, been happy with them. Went with them for modern interface, low fees, and will work with any timer in count up or count down mode.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Cryptopay here but admittedly would prefer the Visual interface of Nayax or Monex. Both units seem to have their challenges according to posts I see here.

It's time for me to make another decision as I either need to start buying taps or other units.

Keno, what are you fees? I'm right at 4.1% with Cryptopay. The last math I did was swapping over would cost me several hundred dollars more per month with Nayax.

Keno

Reaction score
Cryptopay here but admittedly would prefer the Visual interface of Nayax or Monex. Both units seem to have their challenges according to posts I see here.

It's time for me to make another decision as I either need to start buying taps or other units.

Keno, what are you fees? I'm right at 4.1% with Cryptopay. The last math I did was swapping over would cost me several hundred dollars more per month with Nayax.
Bays and ACWs - 2.5% + $0.10/transaction
Vacs - 5.95% - low transaction values, so rate is higher
$7.95/reader/month

These are all in fees - no other fees.

Last edited:

Joel

Reaction score
I use Cryptopay. No tap yet. Already had LED 7s in Bays so that was an easy install. I had to get software updated on a couple timers. 1/2 the vacuums done later since I had to change the timers as well.
Hi Earl, thanks for the response. I have a few follow-up questions for you, if you don't mind.

What are all the parts you had when you decided to install your CryptoPay. From what I gather, you would need the tap (if you're choosing to add that), a swiper, and a coordinator all from the CryptoPay ecosystem. Is there anything else I'm missing that you had?

Also, how long have you had your units, and how have they served you?

Thanks once again for your output Earl, I appreciate it a lot.

Cheers!

Joel

Reaction score
Have nayax in 20 bays, 19 vacs, and 2 ACW, been happy with them. Went with them for modern interface, low fees, and will work with any timer in count up or count down mode.
Hi Keno, thanks for getting back to me.

If you don't mind me asking, can you give me a few more details? One thing I've heard is that the Nayax units don't hold up as well due to some issues with water-resistence. Have you experienced anything like that?

If you don't mind me asking as well, could you give me a rough estimate on how much were the costs regarding implementing Nayax into your bays. For reference, I have 4 self-wash and 3 acw, so I'm just comparing quotes w/ the different companies.

Thank you for the help again Keno,

Cheers!

Joel

Reaction score

Hi Gregg, I feel you. From my research, I think that CryptoPay would be a little cheaper, however I think that the visuals and asthethics of the Monex and Nayax systems would give a more refined or better look. If you don't mind me asking, can you give a few more details on how your current system looks like. Do you just have the swipers w/ the coordinators, do you also have the tap, etc.

Thank you Greg

Keno

Reaction score
Hi Keno, thanks for getting back to me.

If you don't mind me asking, can you give me a few more details? One thing I've heard is that the Nayax units don't hold up as well due to some issues with water-resistence. Have you experienced anything like that?

If you don't mind me asking as well, could you give me a rough estimate on how much were the costs regarding implementing Nayax into your bays. For reference, I have 4 self-wash and 3 acw, so I'm just comparing quotes w/ the different companies.

Thank you for the help again Keno,

Cheers!
We haven't had many issues, mainly customer damage - but we added external stop buttons which alleviated many of those customer issues. Our bay units are in the bays with no covers. We also have had a few with poor communication out of the box on our last batch - but Nayax took care of those.

The ACW units I bought from @CWS - he can get you setup with the interface boards and all necessary install accessories. I believe he has a solution for the bays and vacs also. We installed the Nayax units ourselves with all the necessary hardware - so my costs probably won't help you out too much. The Nayax units are ~$300 each ready to install directly from Nayax - but there are other accessories needed also to install, but cost on those is minimal. Steve at CWS maybe your one stop shop with support to install Nayax

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Cryptopay Swipe & TAP. Cryptopays Customer service is EXCELLENT which is starting to become rare in this industry

David Rolf

Reaction score
We also use Cryptopay with swipers and Tap. The overall system is easy to use and have never had a problem for 5 years now. The reporting tools are simple but very powerful.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score

Greg, just do it. I will come down and help you get them set up and take care of anything else you need done on your Istobal machine.

Joel

Reaction score
We haven't had many issues, mainly customer damage - but we added external stop buttons which alleviated many of those customer issues. Our bay units are in the bays with no covers. We also have had a few with poor communication out of the box on our last batch - but Nayax took care of those.

The ACW units I bought from @CWS - he can get you setup with the interface boards and all necessary install accessories. I believe he has a solution for the bays and vacs also. We installed the Nayax units ourselves with all the necessary hardware - so my costs probably won't help you out too much. The Nayax units are ~$300 each ready to install directly from Nayax - but there are other accessories needed also to install, but cost on those is minimal. Steve at CWS maybe your one stop shop with support to install Nayax
Hi Keno, it's been a minute. I'm leaning more towards Nayax for the features and price as well. Did you buy directly from them or did you buy it from a distributor? Do they have a warranty, and if so, do you know what's covered. Would water damage be something that's potentially covered?

Also, how long have you had the units for? Any other issues or setbacks you've noticed by having them?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to get a clearer idea. Thank you Keno