What's new

Best Hose Type for Self Serve Bays

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Is there a reason the industry seems to use Continental Neptune 3000 for HP hoses?

Thoughts on using Parker Hurricane 7528 or Titan PW4? I see this all the time on commercial pressure washing setups.

Anyone tried something else and had success in SS bays?

ShinePro

Reaction score
I think there is a thread on here where we discussed this at length.
But - I m a huge fan of the “Comfort hose”made by Mosmatic.
Its light -durable - and lasts for a very long time. Women really like not having a bulky heavy hose on the wand.
Very user friendly!

OurTown

Reaction score
We also use the Mosmatic comfort hoses. If you have not used one you will be surprised how light it is compared to the standard hoses. The only thing is they have memory in them from being strapped together for shipping. It does go away after a while. They last a lot longer too.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I could not see using non wire braid hose for a SS setup due to all the tugging, pulling and rubbing. The Neptune is wire braid rated at 3000 PSI while KR prices their 4000 PSI slightly higher. Don't know relative durability of each. I use the KR hose.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I like my mosmatic comfort hoses but they are not a good candidate for ghetto washes. They can easily be cut. Also they can be "skinned" if ran over by a vehicle. But the user experience is far better than the heavy 3/8" wire braid hoses. 1/4" wire braid may be a good option for those with durability concerns but still want a hose that is easier to handle than 3/8" wire braid. The pressure loss is such a short section is negligible and the changeover time would be quicker too.

Last edited:

UtahYoutubeGuy

Reaction score
I just installed some Propulse Uber Flex hoses at my site to try and I do like the softness of the hose and how much lighter the hose feels.

Although the hose did not come with the black rubber hose protector as pictured on KR and I noticed that when not in use and holstered in the holder they are starting to kink next to the fitting so I have ordered the hose guards and we will see how long they last.

edredtop

Reaction score
I can't count how many times wire braids have saved me from losing equipment and a day's business when some genius tries to cut the hoses with hand tools.

cjcool

Reaction score
parker tough cover 3/8 is what i've used. a little heavier but dont have to worry with them. Its a good quality hose. Much better than the continental which kleenrite sells.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I can't count how many times wire braids have saved me from losing equipment and a day's business when some genius tries to cut the hoses with hand tools.
Yeah, a simple hose/pipe cutter would take a comfort hose in two seconds. I've got them on nine bays for at least a couple of years and haven't had one stolen yet. Would hate that, my trigger setup is pretty pricey.

Etowah

ShinePro

Reaction score
I feel blessed!!!!!!!
I have never had anyone cut a hose or steal a wand or any of the things you all mention on here.
If I had to deal with all that kind of shit I would be “For Sale” today!

edredtop

Reaction score
I feel blessed!!!!!!!
I have never had anyone cut a hose or steal a wand or any of the things you all mention on here.
If I had to deal with all that kind of shit I would be “For Sale” today!
We've been "frog boiled" into having to deal with it (in California.) I grew up with property theft being an anomaly, now it's a daily experience. You go to Home Depot and a guy will be walking out with boxes of Ryobi tools, at the grocery store they run out with an armful of steaks, etc. etc..
They are "geniuses" for a reason though.
About 6 weeks ago a guy pulled into one of my wash bays, washed his truck and liked the wash gun so much he cut it off right at the hose fitting with a battery powered cut-off tool.
He earned "genius" status because he wore his bosses company shirt with his logo, phone #, and biz license # on it when he did it.
I called the # and got the owner of the company, he was very apologetic, paid me the restitution I sought for my time, and the cut hose. He returned my gun and said once the genius had worked enough to pay him back he was going to fire him. I swaged a $6 hose fitting back on the hose, took my wife to dinner and called it a day.
I should note that a sheriff's report was filed that was used as a bit of leverage and felt comfortable enough to meet with the company owner in front of the Sheriff's Department, then amended the report as resolved but did not cancel the report.
With that said, when I retire it's ABC!
(Anywhere But California!)

Attachments