What's new

Best way to sell or part out 2 used Laser 4000s in good condition? What would you do?

GregF

Reaction score
I replaced two Laser 4000s with Laserwash 360s almost two years ago and still have the Laser 4000s sitting in my garage (in my wife's former parking spot). For some reason, my wife doesn't like scraping snow and ice from her windshield, nor shivering in a cold vehicle as she waits for it to warm up, and now she wants her spot back! Here's the dilemma: We kept the machines in very good operating condition and most of the vital components of the machines were not very old when we took them out of service, plus they're outfitted with all of the latest technology (i.e., virtual treadles, LaserNet, LaserMinder, etc.). I'd like to get rid of everything so my wife can park in the garage, but I can also use the motors and the HP and LP pumps on my Laserwash 360s when I need to replace those components. I've had the equipment advertised on a consignment website and another classified ads website, but haven't seen the response I would have hoped to have gotten given the condition of the equipment. Is there a better way to get rid of the equipment? Is there a secondary market for all of the parts, including the VTs, controllers, gear boxes, rails, swivels, proxes, etc.? Or should I just start scrapping everything except for the major parts that I can use in my newer equipment? And is there a good way to get rid of all the "brand new" replacement parts that I don't have a use for anymore, such as a new arch cover, breakaway for T-Bar, swivels, box of tires and tubes, stainless rims, etc., etc.? I'd hate to "scrap" stuff like that.

Thanks for your feedback!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try the pre-owned equipment' section of this site.

boywonder

Reaction score
The market for the 4000's is not what it use to be. If they are stainless rails and bridge you might have better luck, but they are not worth their weight in gold.

MudMoney

Reaction score
If they were in "good condition" why did you buy another unit? Keep the wife happy,scrap the junk you got your use out of it.

GregF

Reaction score
Waxman, I noticed the preowned equipment section, but thought I saw something about that being strictly for "new" old parts, not really for "used" parts or equipment. So, that would really only be an outlet for listing the arch cover, swivels, breakaway bracket, tires & tubes, etc. Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be a great place for advertising the machines themselves.

Boywonder... just stainless rails, but not the bridges. Just need to replace the crossbars on the bridges.

Donkey, we have a couple of relatively high volume sites with only one automatic bay at each location and really had no option of converting a self-serve bay to a 2nd automatic. Otherwise, I would have added 2 more Laser 4000s. It wasn't hard to justify replacing the Laser 4000s with Laserwash 360s in order to be able to wash an extra 2 - 4 cars per hour (and not have to watch cars drive off because of the long line), but it made a lot less sense after I found out the Laserwash 360s would freeze up at 28 degrees (despite using constant weep and air to purge the lines) and then had to invest an additional $40,000 to have doors installed. I agree with the comment about keeping the wife happy, but scrap the VTs, controllers, sonics, etc.???

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Greg, feel free to post used stuff down in the "Pre-Owned" section. I always thought it was understood that "Pre-Owned" was just a fancy way for car dealers to say "used". I was the one that actually wrote those rules. Jackson just copied and pasted what I suggested. I'll go edit his post to clear it up.

Ebay would be the best place to list it. You will probably get lots more exposure there than anywhere.

boywonder

Reaction score
Scrap it and part it out. If the bridges were stainless you might have a chance but with steel its just to much of a risk to overhaul it.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Hey man I am Interested in buying the Lasernet swivels parts whatever arch covers contact me at 919-724-2130 thanks Thomas

MEP001

Reaction score
Never post your phone number online.