What's new

Blendco Supersat Presaok Automatic

harleygrant

Reaction score
I told my dist that I was burning through too much powder. He said I should just change the tip on the hydrominder.(I think I am using the light brown now) The motor on the tank wants to run all the time. It will kick on and off constantly. Could this be why Im using so much powder?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
The hydrominder at my wash uses their miniature tips for the 5 gallon pail, The powder , Sits saturated and the soap pumps it out of barrel-- my vector controls the usage. You really need someone to figure it out better for you. Those usage rates will be there on any soap, and cost you alot of money, Unless things are straightened out. The 5g pail and the powder are independently sucked out, The brown tip still sounds rich, Start at pink 256:1 , and wait till it's actually at that level and if not working then go down one, until it works correctly. These are high strength chemicals, brown,on saturated chemicals is way off.

Reaction score
I told my dist that I was burning through too much powder. He said I should just change the tip on the hydrominder.(I think I am using the light brown now) The motor on the tank wants to run all the time. It will kick on and off constantly. Could this be why Im using so much powder?
What type of automatic do you have ? Have you titrated the chemicals? Tank should not go on and off fast, unless tank is low on powder, How old is you tank has it been updated if it is one of the older tanks? Did you ask your distributor to come down and check the system out and titrate you powder tank?

www.carwashingsystems.com

harleygrant

Reaction score
I use the mini tips also. I dont understand what you are doing with your powder. Can you please explain? thanks

DavidM

Reaction score
The motor on the tank controls the strength of the solution in the tank. You should be able to titrate that to find out if it is too strong or too weak. I believe the recommended titration in newer tanks is in the 500 - 550 drops range (someone correct me if I am wrong on that)
I don't know your specific setup but I assume the hydrominder pulls from your tank into another mixing tank along with your presoak 2000. A smaller tip would lead to pulling less product from the powder tank. Again, you really need to titrate your presoak. Find out the strength it is hitting the car at. In a touchfree automatic you can go 25-28 drops to get a clean car. If you are really burning through powder the numbers may be much higher.

Hope this is helpful.

David

Reaction score
Have you titrated you presoak tank yet to see what it is at ? You can not check the tank powder tank unless you have the correct acid the acid in the test kit is for the chemical tanks only, 500-550 in the tank is where it shoud be

harleygrant

Reaction score
I have titrated the mixture in the holding tank before not the powder tank. My question is...Do you shake the solution everytime you add a drop of acid for the mixture you are titrating?

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Harleygrant,
You really need to get someone from Blendco in to show you how to titrate your powder tank and chemical tank, until you get this right you will never be satified with there system. they have a good system in my opinion but it does require attention.
At present my powder tank is at 450-500 and chemical tank at 20-25 (presoak) this works for me.
good luck.

harleygrant

Reaction score
What type of automatic do you have ? Have you titrated the chemicals? Tank should not go on and off fast, unless tank is low on powder, How old is you tank has it been updated if it is one of the older tanks? Did you ask your distributor to come down and check the system out and titrate you powder tank?

I have a magic wand magic spray auto

Reaction score
I have a customer with a magic wand on blendco, are you saying that a box of powder will only last for 20 cars but you are titrating your presoak at 20-25 that does not make sense. What is the reason your distributor has not been buy to check this out for you.

Feel free to contact me

harleygrant

Reaction score
I just put in a box of powder with adjustments. I will keep you all posted on how many cars I get.

DavidM

Reaction score
It may be hard to get a feel for usage one box at a time. You can have no visible powder in the bottom of the tank yet still be able to keep the tank at 500 drops for a lot more cars.

We used to watch how many boxes per month we used and looked at the total number of cars washed. For example, if we put in 6 boxes of powder and washed 2500 cars, we could divide 2500 cars into the cost of 6 boxes of powder to determine cost per car for the powder.

David

harleygrant

Reaction score
Update...he came and changed the lid on my powder tank and GAVE me two boxes of powder. HOLY CHIT!

dogwasher

Reaction score
When I used Blendco it worked well for me.. BUT when I would have a busy day with my two automatics running nonstop the powder usage was excessive!!