What's new

Camera Systems

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
..........They had no problem pulling up the license plate number of the garbage dumper and sending her a summons to appear in court for a “Theft of Services” charge. I.
I am really interested in details. You can PM Me.

What was dumped. A few bags or a truckload?

What was the outcome of the case?

What town or city was this in?

MEP001

Reaction score
Randy makes a very good point.

Sure we save money in the short term based on some of the other posts ... but I can say that there are few things more frustrating than to almost being able to identify vs not. In my mind I vividly remember the general manager part owner of the strip mall across the street from us ... venting to me ... about how our local police actually refused to even look at his footage after awhile. Brian ... has since passed away ... but I really did feel for him & how he got taken in & misled by some so-called experts in the camera sales field.

I don't have a crystal ball & of course the long term reliability, light handling, & the 5 megapixels would all be keys ... but is seems like the following de-warping fisheye camera technology could make sense for some of us even now: http://www.amazon.com/Vivotek-FE817...alculator/dp/B00HNW7LFK/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_0_1

I personally think that the above could be a good fit for some of us considering the fact that it could take care of several cameras at once without too much gap from a field of view change which is a trade off with an automated HD PTZ camera.

Anybody mess with Blue Iris Video Management Software? ... I am in the process of getting the 4.0 version of it ... mainly for our pre-programmable preset paths ... one 1.3 megapixel PTZ IP camera we have & another IP camera that we may start testing etc.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com
I'll bet you mark your socks for your left and right feet.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Chaz, thanks for the info, but I guess now my question is from a user standpoint does the distinction betwen a DVR and NVR have any difference? Is the distinction bluerred because DVRs now connect to a network and NVRs now seem to contain hard drives?

chaz

Reaction score
Got me there. I have a 32 camera DVR system. All cameras are wired with simese coax cable. I recently replaced many of my cameras with 600TVL security dome cameras. Huge quality increase. I can view and have two way audio from my iPad/iPhone.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm assuming a NVR sends recorded video data straight to a network drive.