What's new

Car Wash Stands who is the best?

Rudy

Reaction score
Ditto the belt guards on the motors/pumps..... It wouldn't be far fetched to "trip" and fall, and then lose some fingers.

Also, get a decent air compressor. That Husky from Lowe's will fail you at the worst time. (You can plumb it in as a backup....)

Consider a Quincy, or Champion. They're pricy, but money well spent.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Ditto the belt guards on the motors/pumps..... It wouldn't be far fetched to "trip" and fall, and then lose some fingers.

Also, get a decent air compressor. That Husky from Lowe's will fail you at the worst time. (You can plumb it in as a backup....)

Consider a Quincy, or Champion. They're pricy, but money well spent.
He has what looks like a new Quincy in the other pic

Randy

Reaction score
My car wash the equipment is 42 years and it works perfect. Sure every once and a while I have a small problem but they all have problems every now and then. There’s a new car wash operator on the other side of town, same equipment I have, about the same age. When he bought his car wash he had a distributor come and evaluate his equipment, dumb move. The distributor put the pressure on him to replace all the equipment at a cost of around $70,000. He asked me what I’d do and I told him to take baby steps and clean up what you have now, replace all the hoses, get all the equipment working perfectly, make the pump stands all uniform and then clean up the outside. It took him a while and he learned a lot but he got decent operation now. The distributor went out of business and about 8 months later. The only distributor in our area now charges $300 to come out and $175 an hour after that first hour, they never have the parts to fix anything so they have to order parts and then it’s another service call fee to have them come out and fix whatever’s wrong.

JaySingh

Reaction score
You just need to put in some elbow grease and clean it all up. It will run another 10+ years. Focus your money on the outside with lights and signage. Also get good soaps that people feel like they are getting a quality wash.