What's new

Charge backs on credit cards

pitzerwm

Reaction score
What you need to realize is that the credit card companies are banks or like banks, they don't give a rat's a$$ about you. Its their bottom line that they are taking care of. Read the contract that you signed, there is nothing in it that takes care of you. The zipcode, probably does help some, but it is a risk that you must accept if you want to take the cards. I've had the same problem with PayPal, all someone has to do is say they are not happy and PP will reverse the transaction and you must prove them wrong.

M

mmc

My Credit Card processing company doesn't charge me any chargeback fees, which is the good thing. The one I had before that really killed me. I got a really low rate too, just 1.69% + 11 cents. I'm using Ascensia Financial if any of you guys are looking for a good one - there number is (800) 258-7359. They're pretty easy to get along with and they do a bunch of carwashes. I heard about them from a friend with a tunnel wash.

blurdgman

Reaction score
Let's see.... If I have a customer who just spends $2 then the bank gets @X.0169=3.38 cents+11 cents or 7.19%.

If he spends $4.60 then 460x.0169=7.774cents+11cents =18.774 cents goes to the bank or 4.08%.
Not bad!

I average about $4.60 per credit card customer an pay Bank of America 5.8% on average.

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
Cash is king if folks dont have a couple of bucks to wash, there more issues than you know, we take cash only. Less maintenance no phone lines no problem.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
"if folks dont have a couple of bucks to wash, there more issues than you know"

Or care! It's not our job to me their mommy, daddy, financial advisor, or whatever. If they don't have a couple of bucks to their name and want to max out yet another card I'm gonna give them that avenue. Cash is king, but the king ain't alone.

M

mmc

Yes Blurgman, I was really excited to get such a great rate. I had a previous contract (for only 3 months) with another bank at a much higher rate and they even bought out my early termination contract. They just had me send a statement and they came back with a great offer. I really don't even think of the fees as much of an expense anymore.

Wolfe, my average is is even higher than Blurgman - $6.20 per visit with Cards - goes down to $2.75 with cash - which is about where my wash was before I accepted cards. Just curious - what's your cash average?

For me, well worth the effort to take cards, maybe your situation is different but no brainer for me.