What's new

coin mechanism inc coin slots

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Am I doing something wrong, I buy these coin slots for vacs from Kleen rite. They take coins for awhile 2-3 months then coins stsrt to get stuck all the time, are these not good coin slots or is there a way they get out of adjustment. any recommendations.

MEP001

Reaction score
There is a single adjustment on them, but it should be set right from the factory.

Where exactly is the jam occurring?

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
sometimes at the top but usually at the bottom. kleen rite said to slightly adjust the screw on the side in or out but once I start having a problem there is no fixing it......even after adjusting, 2 I bought less than 3 months ago and aren't excepting all quarters. it seems some of the new quarters are magnetic some aren't?

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
I took them apart a cleaned with fine sandpaper and sprayed with contact cleaner, all good now.

MEP001

Reaction score
Canadian quarters are magnetic, US coins are not.

If most of your jams are at the bottom, there's something causing them to hang like misalignment to the safe or a wire getting in the way.

truevidiot

Reaction score
I operate coin op kiddy rides that we put outside under porches etc. They use the identical coin Mechs. I have found that over time the metal Mechs oxidize and you get coin jams. We switched to the Imonex plastic coin mech and there great. Easy to clean just use soap and water. The coin Mechs can be order to accept US quarters and automatically reject the Canadian quarters (don’t have to push the coin release) or for border towns they can be ordered to accept both. I use a magnet to separate them out of the cash box.

The metal coin Mechs use a magnet in the mech but I find it holds it in the foreign coin in the mech unit the coin release is pressed. On say a $1 vend (4X25 cent) if a Canadian Coin is drop in it will be held in the magnet in the mech and the other us coins also get jammed. The coin release may or may not clear.
The plastic Imonex the foreign coin rejects right away.

Troy

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I still prefer Coin Mech over Imonex, at least here in Texas. We don't get a lot of Canadian coins. Older Imonex were pretty durable, but the newer ones are bad about the plastic "spring" that resets the coin return breaking, then the mech is useless. I've also never had a bad enough issue with metal ones rusting even after 30+ years in a vacuum out in the open.

BTW, you've bumped a four year old thread.

truevidiot

Reaction score
Sorry about the bump. Guess I need to take more time to look at the post date.

Knock on wood I have had no problems with the plastic spring on my 300 machines.

Climate I’m sure has a big impact on the metals. I’m in Buffalo / Niagara Falls Canada area and the snow and salt is a killer.

I go to Texas one a year for the pinball show.

Troy.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We replaced all the metal mechanical coin mechs on all our vacuums with USA made IDX-MA800s or X20s in conjunction with USA made Dixmor LED7 displays. It was one of the better choices we made. The IDX were taken out of our bays since the Aussie Microcoin QLs were proving better in the more enclosed & wetter environment bays.

Troy,

I notice different coin mechs on AliExpress & Alibaba. I have been testing some but I have not done testing outside or wet location wise. I have seen a variety of them with indoor located arcade equipment. I notice some are already set up with LED readout for customers a bit. It seems for now it is better to use the much more robust Dixmors when it comes to the LED readout though.

Maybe you can help some of the rest of us by testing one of those in an outside environment &/or in the bays???