What's new

Contractor issue on self serve

Jas4rmny

Reaction score
So I changed the contractor on self serve bay, all the low pressure would come on but high pressure pump would not engage on if we put the quarters from the bay but it’s comes on when we push the button in contacter.
any suggestions?

edredtop

Reaction score
So I changed the contractor on self serve bay, all the low pressure would come on but high pressure pump would not engage on if we put the quarters from the bay but it’s comes on when we push the button in contacter.
any suggestions?
Assuming you wired the "contactor" correctly, check that your 24 VAC transformer is functional for that bay.
Then check the wiring all the way to the rotary switch in that bay, and back to the contactor.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
any suggestions?
Why did you change the contactor, was it doing the same thing? A pic of the panel box showing the contactor you installed would help a lot.

Jas4rmny

Reaction score
Why did you change the contactor, was it doing the same thing? A pic of the panel box showing the contactor you installed would help a lot.
First contractor kept tripping, so that’s why I changed to the new one ..
Assuming you wired the "contactor" correctly, check that your 24 VAC transformer is functional for that bay.
Then check the wiring all the way to the rotary switch in that bay, and back to the contactor.
all this has already been checked I moved the working bay contractor to the non working bay, and it worked which means there is no issues with wiring.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm still a little unclear about the real problem and what you have tried. Pictures would be enormously helpful.

On three phase pumps there is typically a contactor and overload that are separate components but attached together into one solid unit. The overload is what would "trip" and kill voltage the contactor coil. it has to be reset and wired properly to allow voltage to travel to the contactor

Is the new contactor the right coil voltage? You likely need 24 Volt AC coil on the contactor. If you have a multimeter you should be able to detect 24 volts on the small wires going into the contactor

On the rotary switch in the bay is two "stacks" or levels of terminals. One stack with all the wires connected is usually low pressure things and the second stack that only has a few connections on it is reserved for the high pressure pump. Make sure one of those wires hasn't come loose.