What's new

Dual conveyer belt reverse operation

Waxinpass24

Reaction score
I had an incident occur where one new customer and frequent customer had car accident in the tunnel I inherited this wash from an uncle that passed don’t know much about the equipment I’m investigating further if this was operator error and staff member needs to be replaced or faulty equipment or one of the customers at fault ! Either way I’m new to this business I have pictures of my wash tunnel and conveyer belt in question currently… can my belt reverse one clients vehicle into another behind them while the second vehicle is stationary ? How ?

Attachments

DavidM

Reaction score
Do you have cameras in the tunnel? That is the only way to know for sure what happened.

Were both vehicles fully on the belt? If so, the only way for contact is if the front vehicle shifts into reverse or something in the wash causes the vehicle to stop/roll backwards into the vehicle behind it. It looks like most of the "flights" on your belt are broken. That may make it easier for cars to roll out of position on the belt. I don't have a belt so I don't know for sure.

If either vehicle was not completely on the belt (before or after the wash) other factors come into play.

David

Waxinpass24

Reaction score
Anyone in here have similar setup dual conveyer belt setup knowledge of operations I’m looking to upgrade this too after I figure this out with clients bond insurance etc.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The system is like a moving sidewalk at an airport or an escalator. The equipment cannot make cars get closer together or further apart. You need to get cameras ASAP Too many variables - I have seen the following happen - Rear Car in Drive, Lead car in reverse., Lead car stops at exit etc.

JustaGuy

Reaction score
If there were no "flights" to keep the vehicles from moving around, a piece of equipment *could* have pushed one vehicle backward into another. As others have said, you need to get cameras in there to see what is happening - oh, and get the belt repaired/"flights" replaced to help prevent issues.

Edit: Looks like only one belt has flights, not sure if that's standard for split belts like that. But they all look in reasonable shape on that belt and I don't see where there were rows missing that could let a vehicle move around enough to cause an impact.